Gigs you wish you'd been at...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Zoiders

Disgruntled Goat said:
Saw the Smiths at Nottingham in 1985 with James supporting:becool:

Didn't see James as we were in the bar. Smiths very good technically but the gig on the whole was a bit flat. I suppose that's the thing with classic gigs - they perhaps weren't as good as you think they ought to be.
Is it just me or did I not see the former front man of James playing an escaped criminal lunatic in the film "Batman Begins"?

got-to-get-fit

The stone roses ....spike island gig

One im going to wish i hadnt missed is the forthcoming Led Zepelin gig ........however at £2,800 per ticket on E-bay i think its a gig i can afford to miss

Noodley

I seem to remember being offered a ticket to see AC/DC just before Bon Scott died. I think it was 1979? A gig in Edinburgh. I was only 11 at the time but my older cousin was over from Australia and he had tickets. My mum said I was too young. Or maybe I am just making this memory up? xx(

redfox

Any Led Zep gig - I just too young. :tongue:

mondobongo - saw Marrilion loads of times at the Marquee and Hammersmith until they split with Fish. I met Fish at a Dave Gilmour gig, the only thing I could think of saying to him was "is that your oral contraceptive then?" while pointing to his walkman (a really lame reference to one of his lyrics). Good way to kill a conversation stone dead. xx(

Noodley

redfox said:
Any Led Zep gig - I just too young. :sad:

mondobongo - saw Marrilion loads of times at the Marquee and Hammersmith until they split with Fish. I met Fish at a Dave Gilmour gig, the only thing I could think of saying to him was "is that your oral contraceptive then?" while pointing to his walkman (a really lame reference to one of his lyrics). Good way to kill a conversation stone dead. :tongue:

I stood beside Fish at a couple of football matches. He couldnae sing worth a bugger there either. xx(

spesh

Noodley said:
I stood beside Fish at a couple of football matches. He couldnae sing worth a bugger there either. xx(

A good studio engineer can cover a multitude of vocal sins. :tongue:

I've got a live recording of Fish doing for Incommunicado on a CD that came free with Classic Rock magazine, and it's hard to reconcile with the album version...

Getting back on topic, I was unfortunatley waaaaay too young for Led Zep, although I have had the pleasure of seeing Robert Plant live (Arthur Brown was playing support, and his voice had hung on to the upper register better than ol' Percy's :sad:)

longers

Legendary Member
Noodley said:

I stayed on a kibbutz about 14 years ago and Fish had been there a couple of weeks earlier. Apparently he was the best singer round the fire of an evening.

Top Bottom