GIMP

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
In these "difficult times" we need a "GIMP your bike somewhere exotic" thread.
I think I know what you mean

but it doesn't half sound wrong!!!!

I mean - I have heard some stories about how much 'some people' love their bike

figbat

Slippery scientist
Good work. However I feel bound to mention the small matter of copyright. Taking images off of the internet and republishing them is a breach of copyright unless permission is given. Manipulating them just adds to this.

I’m not saying I’m blameless nor that in many cases it isn’t harmless, but like a lot of low-level misdemeanours, where do you draw the line? Better to know the facts then make your decisions than to inadvertently end up in a lawsuit for grabbing the wrong image. I’ve had pictures ‘stolen’ and reused without my knowledge or permission - when I find out all I ask for is a credit.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Good work. However I feel bound to mention the small matter of copyright. Taking images off of the internet and republishing them is a breach of copyright unless permission is given. Manipulating them just adds to this.

I’m not saying I’m blameless nor that in many cases it isn’t harmless, but like a lot of low-level misdemeanours, where do you draw the line? Better to know the facts then make your decisions than to inadvertently end up in a lawsuit for grabbing the wrong image. I’ve had pictures ‘stolen’ and reused without my knowledge or permission - when I find out all I ask for is a credit.
have you had any luck getting that credit?

Years ago, some bloke from Hornby on the east coast was using one of my photos of Hornby Castle for his historic hornby blog, I politely asked him for a link to the website he'd taken the photo from, but he flat refused (tosser). I then asked him to remove the photo from his blog, but he flat refused (tosser). It was only when i pointed out that the photo of Hornby Castle was in fact the one in Lancashire and not on the east coast, and advised him to remove it before anyone noticed how crap a historian he was, did he remove it (monty: 1, tosser: 0) :laugh:

Lancashire County Council were also using the same photo on their City, Coast & Countryside website and i asked them for a link to the website they'd taken it from. They refused. I asked them to take the photo down and eventually they did, but even that took a lot of emails.

With regards to image editing software... it's best to just stick with what you know. I've been using Fireworks for the best part of 20 years. Photoshop just isn't intuitive for me, but i guess if I'd started with Photoshop, Fireworks would look like a cheap toy in comparison. I have had a look at GIMP in the past, but it offered me nothing more than what i was used to.. so stuck with Fireworks.

With regards to image editing software... it's best to just stick with what you know. I've been using Fireworks for the best part of 20 years. Photoshop just isn't intuitive for me, but i guess if I'd started with Photoshop, Fireworks would look like a cheap toy in comparison. I have had a look at GIMP in the past, but it offered me nothing more than what i was used to.. so stuck with Fireworks.
For what limited image manipulation I do, I use Paint Shop Pro 7.04, hugely outdated, but does what I need it to do. This was off my work hard drive when that was given to me at redundancy. In January 2003! So it really is ancient.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
For what limited image manipulation I do, I use Paint Shop Pro 7.04, hugely outdated, but does what I need it to do. This was off my work hard drive when that was given to me at redundancy. In January 2003! So it really is ancient.
My Fireworks CS6 is from 2012... but it doesn't appear to do any more than the initial MX version i began using in 2004... in fact I recall how disappointed i was after 'upgrading' from MX to CS6

Top Bottom