Girls

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Shaun

Founder
Whatever happened to the girl nextdoor?

She's moved out and gone to Uni to get a science degree. :thumbsup:

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
My son and son in law do all the cooking in their hetero relationships.
Thank god I'm a real man.

Yeah rich, you like the little woman to have your tea slapped on the table smartish as soon as you come in from a hard days f**king about doing the best part of sod all.

Chief hunter gatherer in your house and you can't even bring something back from the butchers in one piece! :whistle:

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
When you think about giving girls labels, like Daddy's little princess, think about the opposites for a moment.
What do these labels conjure up in your mind - positive or negative images?

Mummy's little helper - applied to a boy
Mummy's boy
Mummy's little prince

asterix

Comrade Member
I was listening to a radio programme about tom boys, which got me thinking. There are tom boys and princesses. Are there any other types of girl? What do you call those very studious girls for instance, like Daria, who grow up to be scientists.

daria-glasses.jpg

Lisa Simpson.

Lisa_Simpson.jpg

swansonj

Guru
Many descriptions that have a male and female version are these days often dropping the female one.
e.g. many females who appear on stage/in film are referred to as actors rather than actresses

One that has definitley gone out is 'authoress'

And 'geekette' has a diminuitive connotation as well as a feminine one.
It's like referring to women as 'girls' - it is derogatory in most usage.
"When I get called a poetess, it makes me feel like a terroristess"
Adrienne Rich, from memory

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Yeah rich, you like the little woman to have your tea slapped on the table smartish as soon as you come in from a hard days f**king about doing the best part of sod all.

Chief hunter gatherer in your house and you can't even bring something back from the butchers in one piece! :whistle:
I do dick about, it's true but I also do all the cooking. I may enter Masterchef - my lentil soup would be a smash hit.
Did I ever tell you about the time my beautiful female Italian tutor told me I had a feminine side?:whistle:

Top Bottom