Giro ‘look back’ has different commentary

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Martinsnos

Took a while but just realised that the Giro ‘look back’ programmes on Eurosport have different commentary to the original live broadcast.
What I can’t decide is...was it a different commentary recorded at the time of the original broadcast or is it 2020 commentary - does anyone know?

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
The German version is definitely 2020 commentary.

OP
OP
M

Martinsnos

The German version is definitely 2020 commentary.
Many thanks.
UK - I hadn’t noticed and then all of a sudden I was struck by ‘where has Sean Kelly gone?’!!!
I think UK is 2020. It must be quite hard to commentate when you know the result and later years’ developments etc!!!

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Many thanks.
UK - I hadn’t noticed and then all of a sudden I was struck by ‘where has Sean Kelly gone?’!!!
I think UK is 2020. It must be quite hard to commentate when you know the result and later years’ developments etc!!!
Yeah, I was similar but what surprised me was when they were showing 2012 or similar and started talking about Bernal!

In some ways, I'd prefer them to use the original commentary, but in others, I'm glad if the commentators have work.

OP
OP
M

Martinsnos

Yeah, I was similar but what surprised me was when they were showing 2012 or similar and started talking about Bernal!

In some ways, I'd prefer them to use the original commentary, but in others, I'm glad if the commentators have work.

Good spot.
Be interesting to know why they had to do it, seems an ‘editing’ thing.

Top Bottom