Giro 2022.....SPOILERS.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
Ok forgetting me jinxing anyone 🙄
With only two big mountain stages left and the podium looking like its Carapaz...Hindley and Landa.Does Landa settle for third or does he go for all or nothing ?

Wow. What a stage! Well done the fearsome foursome for not f**king it up, and a great winner's interview :smile:

I only saw the highlights - does anyone know the main cause of the split in the bunch? I'm not even sure if they all made it over the main climb together 🤷‍♂️

I'm sure that a full peloton would have at least finished a lot closer to the break. (Probably would have caught them, but who can say??)

OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
Wow. What a stage! Well done the fearsome foursome for not f**king it up, and a great winner's interview :smile:

I only saw the highlights - does anyone know the main cause of the split in the bunch? I'm not even sure if they all made it over the main climb together 🤷‍♂️

I'm sure that a full peloton would have at least finished a lot closer to the break. (Probably would have caught them, but who can say??)
I don't think they'd have caught them either way....rare to see all four breakaway riders work as a team for so long.Shame in some way that there could of only been one winner out of the four 😁

T4tomo

Legendary Member
I don't think they'd have caught them either way....rare to see all four breakaway riders work as a team for so long.Shame in some way that there could of only been one winner out of the four 😁

agree sprinter teams weren't committed enough, trying to hold back their lead-out teams for a lead out that never came. It wasn't 4 vs the peloton, it was 4 strong riders vs 3 or 4 not particularly strong plus tired domestiques rotating on the front of the peloton for most of the chase.

The sprinter teams should have agreed to go all out to chase protecting only their actual sprinters who could have had a man'o'man showdown.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I only caught a bit of the live action around lunchtime. Rui Costa was getting a right telling off from someone for riding too fast on the front of the peloton and closing the break down too much. In retrospect that's a bit amusing.

There was discussion on GCN on whether Carapaz would give 4 seconds to Hindley in order to wear his own custom skin suit for the final TT rather than have to wear the Giro provided skin suit.

The thinking being that the Ineos suit would be faster than an off the peg.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
I only caught a bit of the live action around lunchtime. Rui Costa was getting a right telling off from someone for riding too fast on the front of the peloton and closing the break down too much. In retrospect that's a bit amusing.

I saw that briefly on the highlights, not sure who was telling them off, but if it was one of the sprinters teams, they will be rueing it now!:laugh:

There was discussion on GCN on whether Carapaz would give 4 seconds to Hindley in order to wear his own custom skin suit for the final TT rather than have to wear the Giro provided skin suit.

I would at least look into Option C:
Ride in a pink version of the fast skin-suit, and pay the fines later.

OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru

Lol....was that the after party with drinks ? There's not a chance they'd willingly give time to anyone.

OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
Three seconds isn't enough going into a TT ! I think tommorows stage is the one where Carapaz will try and finish Hindley...it's the high mountains/altitude and that suits him.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Well, it was all looking like they had the catch timed to perfection, until too many teams backed off the chase to save their leadouts and it didn't any more, inside about the last 10km.

Bit of grumbling online for Cofidis in particular going missing in the middle of the chase, which I can sort of understand: either contribute or don't, but don't start, then stop, then panic.

Top Bottom