Giro d'Italia (with *SPOILERS*)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Chapeau to the man from Victoria, a great consistent 3 weeks, well deserved, especially after yesterdays more or less unassisted efforts (other than by van de velde). O Canada.
Well done indeed to the Canuck! ^_^

I understand Smutchin when he says that rules is rules and that's the way it goes for Cav. However, the reason these fairly meaningless jerseys are awarded are to give other than GC riders a reason to ride - a sideshow in other words.
The fact that 6 out of the top 7 in the maglia rossa were GC contenders it seems slightly perverse. Rabbotini is clearly not the best climber though he won the KOM jersey and 6 out of the top 7 in the maglia azzurra competition were not GC riders...

...but hey ho! Cav won 3 stages!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I enjoyed that!

What is it next, the Critérium du Dauphiné? :whistle:

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
I think stage wins are their own reward rather than just a means to the end of winning the red jersey. Also, you could argue that the other grand tours make it too difficult for non-sprinters to have a chance of winning the points competition. I think Purito was a deserving winner in the end, even if it was at Cav's expense.

Anyway, Cav did win the Azzuri d'Italia prize, didn't he?

d.

Keith Oates

Janner
A good Giro and interesting until the last day. Disappointed for Cav in not getting the red jersey but three stage wins is still very good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom