Giro d'Italia (with *SPOILERS*)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raindog

er.....
beast of a ride from De Gendt - nice to see that

rich p

ridiculous old lush
J-Rod in 4th - hopefully enough for Cav to keep the red unless....

...FM is wrong (unlikely!!!)

or he gets timed out today!!!

OP
OP
Flying_Monkey

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Wow, what a great final climb. De Gendt has basically guaranteed himself a podium place from nothing - he can TT. I think Hesjedal will still take the overall win tomorrow. I thought Henao showed excellent team riding today - he was riding away with Scarponi and Hesjedal when he realised that Uran wasn't there and so he sat up and sacrificed what could have been an excellent placing to make sure he got Uran to the top okay. Henao has the goods to win this race sometime in the next few years, more so than Uran, I think.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
I had to stand up and applaud when De Gendt crossed the line. What a heroic ride. Awesome.

And I was screaming at Scarponi to hold off Rodriguez, for all the good it did. Can't help thinking the better move for Henao would have been to carry on marking Rodriguez and try to nick a place for Cav's sake. But then again Uran picked up a few seconds on Basso... Can't see him doing enough tomorrow to get a podium place though.

d.

andrew_s

Legendary Member
J-Rod in 4th - hopefully enough for Cav to keep the red unless....

...FM is wrong (unlikely!!!)

or he gets timed out today!!!
a) at the arrival of each stage, exception made for the team time trial stage, the first 15 Riders
in the finish ranking will be awarded with the following point scale: 25, 20, 16, 14, 12, 10, 9, 8,
7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1;
b) at the arrival of each intermediate sprint, the first 6 Riders will be awarded with the following point scale: 8, 6, 4, 3, 2, 1.

Rodriguez gets 14 points for 4th, so gets the points jersey unless Cav can position top 15 in the TT tomorrow

raindog

er.....
Guardini, Hunter, Velasco and Rollin all disqualified for hanging onto team cars.

Absolutely gutted for Cav to lose out by one bloody point, especially after those stupid crashes that were no fault of his. Bummer. :sad:

Top Bottom