Giro Empire road shoes.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milzy

Guru
I would like the above shoes however they’re pricey & my size have all gone in the Black Friday sales.
I’m open to any other shoe that has laces which might save a few quid.

Any links welcome.

:smile:

Last edited:

vickster

Legendary Member
I would like the above shoes however they’re pricey & my size of all gone in the Black Friday sales.
I’m open to any other shoe that has laces which might save a few quid.

Any links welcome.

:smile:
What size? sigma have them

https://www.sigmasports.com/item/Giro/Empire-ACC-Road-Shoes/26WZ

And other lace up Giros
https://www.sigmasports.com/brand/giro#cat3[]=roadcyclingshoes&page=1&filters={}

vickster

Legendary Member
Have you tried them on as Giro come up quite small and narrow I've found (too narrow for my feet for sure)

Sigma have all colours in 43 except black/white

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Have you tried them on as Giro come up quite small and narrow I've found (too narrow for my feet for sure)

Sigma have all colours in 43 except black/white

I'd certainly recommend going up a size in Giro shoes. I got a pair at the end of summer & they felt spot on, but after riding for an hour or so they cause a little pain. I reckon they are a just a touch on the small side for me :sad: It's a shame as they are really nice shoes, but sadly not what the OP is after in size, or style

OP
OP
Milzy

Milzy

Guru
I'd certainly recommend going up a size in Giro shoes. I got a pair at the end of summer & they felt spot on, but after riding for an hour or so they cause a little pain. I reckon they are a just a touch on the small side for me :sad: It's a shame as they are really nice shoes, but sadly not what the OP is after in size, or style
There is one pair left in 44 at a decent cut price. Not first colour of choice but still worth it.

bigjim

Legendary Member
I've found the opposite. I have a pair of Giro Republic size 11 but much more like a 12. No way are they an 11. Comfy shoes but left one does creak a lot for some reason.

Giro shoes come up exact for me size wise (43) and Empires are comfier than a comfy thing.

OP
OP
Milzy

Milzy

Guru
Giro shoes come up exact for me size wise (43) and Empires are comfier than a comfy thing.
Good to know as people are moaning about laces & boa systems are better for on the fly adjustment etc but if your shoes are on nice & tight but comfortable there’s no need to tighten up for a sprint finish.

Top Bottom