Giro Foray MIPS - highly recommended

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kevoffthetee

On the road to nowhere
after a lot of changing my mind on a new lid I settled on the Giro Foray MIPS and I'm so glad I did. I had it out for its first ride on Sunday and it was so comfortable I forgot I was wearing a helmet. Best part was its on sale almost everywhere down to £47.50.

I tried spesh and Bontager helmets and Evans, Kask Mojito at cycle surgery and none of them felt as comfortable so asked cycle surgery for an Internet price match as they had it in my size and club colours

If your budget is sub £75, look no further

vickster

Legendary Member
after a lot of changing my mind on a new lid I settled on the Giro Foray MIPS and I'm so glad I did. I had it out for its first ride on Sunday and it was so comfortable I forgot I was wearing a helmet. Best part was its on sale almost everywhere down to £47.50.

I tried spesh and Bontager helmets and Evans, Kask Mojito at cycle surgery and none of them felt as comfortable so asked cycle surgery for an Internet price match as they had it in my size and club colours

Good stuff...
Fine as long as it fits...Giro helmets don't for me :smile:

wonderloaf

Veteran
I've also got a Giro Foray and while I find the ROC LOC system excellent and very easy to use, I find the chin strap design very irritating as the straps turn inwards down the sides of my face and rub against the skin .... :cursing: Apart from that it is an excellent lid, you hardly know it's there. I shouldn't complain too loudly as I got mine for a bargain £37, if I could only sort the strap out .... any tips anyone on how to make more comfy, or can you get custom straps made?

@Kevoffthetee: sorry don't mean to hijack your thread!

I've also got a Giro Foray and while I find the ROC LOC system excellent and very easy to use, I find the chin strap design very irritating as the straps turn inwards down the sides of my face and rub against the skin .... :cursing: Apart from that it is an excellent lid, you hardly know it's there. I shouldn't complain too loudly as I got mine for a bargain £37, if I could only sort the strap out .... any tips anyone on how to make more comfy, or can you get custom straps made?

@Kevoffthetee: sorry don't mean to hijack your thread!

Thank god for that, I thought it was just me!
The strap on mine has never sat right. Be interested to know if it can be sorted.

wonderloaf

Veteran
Thank god for that, I thought it was just me!
The strap on mine has never sat right. Be interested to know if it can be sorted.
I had a look on the Giro website to see if any of the higher end helmets had better straps, thinking that maybe I could buy a spare and retrofit to my Foray, but it looks as though they are all the same. When I get the time I might investigate putting some black microfibre cloth around the side straps, might also help soak up some of the sweat that runs down the side of my face. Yuk!

rob01792

Über Member
after a lot of changing my mind on a new lid I settled on the Giro Foray MIPS and I'm so glad I did. I had it out for its first rideered 1 on Sunday and it was so comfortable I forgot I was wearing a helmet. Best part was its on sale almost everywhere down to £47.50.

ive just ordered 1 with mips, ive got a foray 2015 without mips which is a good fit does the mips change the fit at all
strangely the atmos doesn't fit my head that well on sides and the mojito was really poor fit for me

ive just ordered 1 with mips, ive got a foray 2015 without mips which is a good fit does the mips change the fit at all
strangely the atmos doesn't fit my head that well on sides and the mojito was really poor fit for me

In theory MIPS is a "mobile" second layer within the helmet structure.

If the combined layers are the same thickness as the non MIPS helmet then there should be no difference in fit.
If the second layer alters the thickness of the helmet structure then sizing and fit may change

Top Bottom