Giro Rosa

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Kasia Niewiadoma went into pink on the first day (yesterday) in a TTT

Today Marianne Vos who is supposed to be domestiqing for Ashleigh Moolman-Pasio took the stage but Niewiadoma stays in pink.

GCN Racing are doing highlights on YouTube

View: https://youtu.be/MaATC-Hqtj8

We can't really grumble about ASO delisting the women's classics so they don't have to be televised, and providing a feeble sop to women's racing in la Course if we ourselves ignore the premier women's stage race. Of course if it is already being discussed elsewhere then feel free to tut and call me names.

Reactions: mjr

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker

Adam4868

Guru
Expression is priceless !
Screenshot_20190708-112508~2.png

OP
OP
Dogtrousers

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Cecille Uttrup Ludwig is Bigla team leader and main GC rider in this race (and third in the stage above). This means she may have had media lessons and wont be quite so bonkers when interviewed as she has been in the past ... which will be a bit of a shame. Not seen any interviews yet.

Adam4868

Guru
Cecille Uttrup Ludwig is Bigla team leader and main GC rider in this race (and third in the stage above). This means she may have had media lessons and wont be quite so bonkers when interviewed as she has been in the past ... which will be a bit of a shame. Not seen any interviews yet.
Nowt wrong with a bit of over enthusiasm.

OP
OP
Dogtrousers

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Vos is having a good year, bit of a resurgence after a few quiet years.
She's supposed to be supporting Moolman Pasio in this and just going for the odd stage win. Well, she's won both individual stages so far and is about 40s ahead of her team leader.

OP
OP
Dogtrousers

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
van Veluten attacked in the mountains and took pink, prompting Longo Borghini to describe her as an alien. I think she was making a joke. I don't suppose she's aware that it's a term used in tin foil hatted corners of the internet for a doper.

Yesterday was an uphill ITT. van Vleuten extended her lead.

Top Bottom