Giro teams

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Keith Oates

Janner
Astana, High Road and Acqua & Sapone have all been left out of the team selection for this years Giro. Are we seeing the beginning of a complete break up between the European cycling giants (Italy, France and Spain) and the UCI and the rest of the world. With the apparent increase in cycling popularity in the US of A we could conceivably head towards two world championships etc. similar to the boxing fiasco!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave5N

Über Member
Astana I understand. High road is a big disappointment.

OP
OP
Keith Oates

Keith Oates

Janner
I don't see the problem with Astana, they are a completely different set of riders and management from last year, the only thing that remains is the sponsor and I doubt he instigated the drug/blood transfer system!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

girofan

Perhaps the organisers of the Giro know something about Disco/Bruyneel that is not yet in the public domain?

As for Highroad, in their T-Mobile incarnation they has so many drug related incidents the Giro can't take the chance of inviting them.

OP
OP
Keith Oates

Keith Oates

Janner
<Perhaps the organisers of the Giro know something about Disco/Bruyneel that is not yet in the public domain?> Yes it's called jealously

<As for Highroad, in their T-Mobile incarnation they has so many drug related incidents the Giro can't take the chance of inviting them.> This is another team under another manager who is in the forefront of tackling drug abuse. They are only trying to say they are bigger than the UCI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom