Give Cycle Space

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
It is likely to be window dressing unless Police Scotland perform a 180 degree turn and start acting on cyclists' video reports of close passing rather than dismissing them. Cyclists in Scotland seem to have a very hard time getting anything done about dangerous drivers.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
It is likely to be window dressing unless Police Scotland perform a 180 degree turn and start acting on cyclists' video reports of close passing rather than dismissing them. Cyclists in Scotland seem to have a very hard time getting anything done about dangerous drivers.
That's Operation Snap. It's noticeably absent from the linked report.

Kryton521

Über Member
After, [pause for thought.] Sundays ride where I was "pushed" into the verge by a close passing car that was then forced to stop 50 metres after, by traffic held up getting into the beach car park. I happily hammered on her roof and demanded to know if she could "Now see me?"

No. Adds on tv etc will continue to fail until the fine penalty points go up to the point that it really hurts. 6 points for using your cell phone whilst driving? Better and more effective deterrent would be roadside driving ban and confiscation of car.

xzenonuk

Veteran
i was out on my mountain bike earlier, not a good road, some prick with a caravan in tow thought it was a good idea to come withing 3 inches of me..... the prick nearly hit me and zoomed of, had no way of catching him/her, pretty scary when a car nearly hits you and then a caravan getting towed comes even closer :sad:

Top Bottom