Give 'em an inch and they'll take a mile

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yenrod

Too %^&*ing right ! mate !!!

I don't give 2 *~"!s about distance speed or how much I'm out from the kerb...I'll blatantly tell anyone - that I gladly hate cars and the drivers then give scientific + logical back-up :biggrin:

Bigtallfatbloke said:
...I'm through moving over to let cars pass...they can bloody well wait...give them an inch and they'll take you out for good...no more...I'm sitting in the middle of my lane and they can eat my dust:biggrin:

mondobongo

Über Member
Is there a regional slant to car drivers and cyclists? Found it an absolute nightmare riding on the road in the Midlands where as in Blackpool drivers seem to be slower in passing and generally quite considerate.

Cab

mondobongo said:
Is there a regional slant to car drivers and cyclists? Found it an absolute nightmare riding on the road in the Midlands where as in Blackpool drivers seem to be slower in passing and generally quite considerate.

Blackpool, Morecambe, Lancaster... generally quite courteous drivers. Leeds and Wakefield motorists take no prisoners. Cambridge motorists are varied, al between the friendly, the terrified and the evil.

Cab said:
Blackpool, Morecambe, Lancaster... generally quite courteous drivers. Leeds and Wakefield motorists take no prisoners. Cambridge motorists are varied, al between the friendly, the terrified and the evil.

Blackpool and general seaside towns in Lancs...retirement-ville! Hence the slow driving. If you ever need to buy a second hand car, Southport is the place to go!

OP
OP
Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke

Is there a regional slant to car drivers and cyclists?

I think there must be. Here in Essex (the sowf bit) I find drivers very aggressive, self centred and bloody dangerous , not all, but many.

Howeevr in North Essex, Suffolk & Norfolk I found drivers much more cycle aware, more friendly and in less of a hurry.

Kirstie: if thy're going slow in Blackpool, its because they are either pissed or about to machine-gun a business rival. Not so much a retirement place, more a money-laundering Costa del Crime!

Top Bottom