Giving up smoking (again)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Noodley

moral support duly lended.

Abitrary

(I only smoke 2 during the evenings by the way)

You get the breathing down thing, it's menthol and nicotine, and you get the hand / face motion comforting type thing.

Serious RT, if you feel the need for a roll, get down the pharmacist in your local tesco

Noodley

A few years since I gave up. 20-40 per day depending on how bored I was. It took me a good few attempts. It depends on your motivation to stop. Find the "right" motivation and you'll manage.

It may will take time, but when I found my "motivation" I stopped immediately. It was a Tuesday evening and I had 12 fags left. I decided that as of Wednesday morning I was stopping. I drank a bottle (maybe two) of wine and smoked 12 fags on the Tuesday evening - have not touched, nor thought about having, a fag since. Mrs Noodley smokes a couple of ciggies a day, and I still quite like the smell when she lights up before going outside to smoke it. I do not like the smell of "afterwards" smoke at all.

I have made sure she has written me into her will...;)

Abitrary

Noodley, have you found your will / ability / whatever to drink more wine has increased since stopping smoking?

Stopping smoking has revealed an extra stomach I never realised I had. A bit like a handsome cow but with only 2 stomachs

Abitrary

Rhythm Thief said:
Cheers chaps. My motivation for giving up was pretty much the same as yours Noodley. I just found I was enjoying the anticipation more than the actual smoke. I dide promise myself I wouldn't give myself a hard time if I had the odd one, but I'd like to at least do a whole week before lapsing.

That's the one that leads to an even odder one and you end up back smacked up and cracked up on pipes in the garden for the blind

(that's the garden for blind people made of flowers and birds)

(and a sundial)

Strangely enough, I don't mind having a rollie if it happens to contain a little weed. I'm not sure if this is better or worse than smoking "normal" rollies.
Another smoker has just come into the yard (I'm spending the night at work, sleeping in the truck). It was a close call, but I've managed to avoid scrounging some baccy off him.

Noodley

Abitrary said:
Noodley, have you found your will / ability / whatever to drink more wine has increased since stopping smoking?

Stopping smoking has revealed an extra stomach I never realised I had. A bit like a handsome cow but with only 2 stomachs

My alcohol consumption has stayed fairly stable, although I tend to no longer go to the pub but have a few glasses of wine at home which has saved me money as well. I also lost weight after stopping smoking as it was all part of the "motivation". I did think about stopping alcohol as well, but hey ho! ;)

Abitrary

Rhythm Thief said:
Strangely enough, I don't mind having a rollie if it happens to contain a little weed. I'm not sure if this is better or worse than smoking "normal" rollies.
Another smoker has just come into the yard (I'm spending the night at work, sleeping in the truck). It was a close call, but I've managed to avoid scrounging some baccy off him.

You're basically buggered with the baccie if you smoke weed.

An experiment I was on the verge of, with a mate last summer, was this:

-the plastic cigs have a dense sponge thing containing nicotine and menthol
-could you not get cannabis oil, dissolve it in something similar to what they put in them normally, i.e. some slow release, er, ethanol based thing?
-inject the formula right into the normal sponge

And hey presto, a new way of taking drugs

To be fair, it was the spliffs that started me smoking. I found I was rolling up three or four spliffs a night and realised I was doing it for the nicotine, rather than the weed. In the circumstances, smoking is probably the healthier option. However, so far I've not been bothered about either spliffs or ciggies. Long may it continue.

bonj2

Rhythm Thief said:

you've got the internet in your truck?;)

Abitrary

Rhythm Thief said:
To be fair, it was the spliffs that started me smoking. I found I was rolling up three or four spliffs a night and realised I was doing it for the nicotine, rather than the weed. In the circumstances, smoking is probably the healthier option. However, so far I've not been bothered about either spliffs or ciggies. Long may it continue.

Five days so far?????

You've also got a race on now with the tobacco and drug competing for attention. It will hit you.

You're going to need plastic cigarettes, and possibly space cakes. Make them now, in advance.

Just never inhale smoke again

Top Bottom