Giving up

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavintc

Guru
coffee - I have cut down to one cup a day from 6 and I do savour my one cup.

Norv

I got smashed right in last night, so at the moment, I feel like I could easily give up alcohol! But next Friday evening, i'll probably be saying the complete opposite.

EDIT: I reckon chocolate would be completely impossible for me, i've tried it before a few times and failed.

Plax

Guru
Norv said:
I got smashed right in last night, so at the moment, I feel like I could easily give up alcohol! But next Friday evening, i'll probably be saying the complete opposite.

I once had a rather OTT red wine session nearly two years ago (aided and abetted by my sister who was on the white). I polished off about 3 bottles all myself (really nice Australina red, 14% stuff). I was totally minged. I woke up with my head in the toilet seat with only one shoe on, and my blouse on the floor covered in pure red wine sick. I'd obviously tried going to bed and only got as far as taking one shoe and my blouse off before feeling the need to make friends with the toilet. I spent the ENTIRE Saturday (OTT session was a Friday after work) being sick, and all Sunday feeling queezy. It was a total wipe out, wasted the entire weekend. I vowed then I'd never drink alcohol again. I've pretty much stuck to it too. It saves a load of money. At this years Xmas party I had 3 drinks and was well away. Spent a grand total of £3 as it was a subsidised bar :rolleyes: The only downside to the whole experience is that it has ruined my enjoyment of a nice bottle of red wine. I can't touch the stuff anymore. Gutted.

So I am cheating and saying alcohol. I think I could easily give chocolate up actually. The only thing that I could probably never live without is the Internet. The mere thought of not having Internet Banking and shopping sends chills down my spine. I hate banks and shopping on the high street. Ugh :biggrin:

barq

Another vote for alcohol. I've given up drugs and smoking so booze would be the next logical step. I like the relaxed feeling a couple of glasses of wine gives me so I would kinda miss it, but it wouldn't be a problem on the scale of giving up smoking (which I did find very hard).

The other possibility would be cheese, but I don't think I'm ready to give that up just yet. :biggrin:

I'd struggle to give up booze and coffee (and feel no need to give up either). Smoking, oddly enough, I don't think I'd be too bothered about. But at the moment I'm still enjoying it.

Dave5N

Über Member
simon l& and a half said:
If Keith is asking what we would least like to give up....looking at art. I'd put that on a par with sex and cycling. Almost.

I cannot imagine life without sex. It would be life without life.

Mind you I felt that way about the fags once. Then I stopped and never went back.

col

Legendary Member
Dave5N said:
I cannot imagine life without sex. It would be life without life.

Mind you I felt that way about the fags once. Then I stopped and never went back.

Thats something i want to do,with the fags that is,but still havnt managed yet.:smile:

Top Bottom