Glamping at Warwick Castle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

buggi

Bird Saviour
My mum and dad have got friends in Australia who are over for 3 weeks and stopped off in Birmingham for a couple of nights. So my mum and dad booked a surprise glamping night at Warwick Castle. It wasn't cheap but included evening meal and breakfast and a night in the Kings Luxury Tent with two days entry to the castle.

Seriously, they have not shut up about it. By all accounts it sounds amazing... I want to go.

4 poster bed in the tent!!!! All you can eat mediaeval meal, dungeons (with expected gruesomeness), archery, birds of prey handling, jousting, and they said the staff were lovely and extremely knowledgeable about the castle, and great with kids. I've been to some mediaeval meals there myself (I went as a dragon once... They told me they had never had a dragon before LOL) and have always meant to go and have a proper day there (its almost on my doorstep, only a mile from my office) It's definitely on my to-do list now... Although I heard they had also decked out one of the towers now into accommodation fit for a queen so I might book that instead of the tent LOL

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I live just a mile away and the whole family are members. My kids want to Glamp there too, but it is a bit too commercial and close for me, so I am being nasty and saying no. Does that make me bad?

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
i have seen the glamping area between car park and entrance way it looks good , but never stayed there as its only around an hour in the car , go for it you only live once

Went last year with the kids and they enjoyed it. There's enough in the castle (with events) to keep you occupied for a leisurely couple of days. Tents are well kitted out and food is decent. A bit on the pricey side, but ...

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
We went last year but didn't stay overnight. Some of the shows are pretty good - archery & flaming trebuchet. Very impressed with the stuff in the main hall there... some lovely suits of armour and muskets. Even got a photo of a stuffed bear - what more could you ask for?!

Edit: as mentioned above though - it's a bit commercial and geared towards whining kids who nag their parents into buying them stuff but the actual castle and artifacts are excellent.

OP
OP
buggi

buggi

Bird Saviour
The HSE have closed the use of the trebuchet since they set the boat on fire LOL. It's got a split in it :sad:

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
The HSE have closed the use of the trebuchet since they set the boat on fire LOL. It's got a split in it :sad:

Sounds like a good shot!

A few photos, mainly as an excuse to show my better half in a dunces hat ^_^. The other photos were mysteriously lost ...
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg

OP
OP
buggi

buggi

Bird Saviour
I think my mums Ozzy mates particularly loved it bcoz they have never been to a castle before, let alone a fully operational one that they could sleep at. I've never seen anyone so excited LOL

Top Bottom