Glass alert - Granton Road to Crewe Toll

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
Anyone using the shared path between Leith & Crewe Toll today - beware of the Granton Road - Crewe Toll section which is strewn with glass. Obviously the local wildlife have been out in force....

Not even my Schwalbe Marathon Pluses could withstand the effects of the 20m glass carpet and I suffered an unexpected deflation event. ;) I actually thought I'd holed both tyres at once, but I think the rear's OK. Nice 20 minute inner-tube change and attempt to inflate the tyre with my crappy little pump in the freezing cold - my protective glasses froze over as I left them sitting on some metalwork as I did the repair !!

I've reported it to Clarence who'll hopefully send in the sweepers soon. If it's still there on the way home, I'm getting off and walking that section or I might just get on the road and go down Ferry Road to Leith.

I'm glad I never cycled the path today, I opted for the road instead.

OP
OP
goo_mason

goo_mason

Tetedelacourse said:
Get on the road Goober. It's the choice of winners.

Once I have my SCR2 I'll be hitting the roads. Don't fancy trying a new road route at 6am in the dark at the moment - no idea where the potholes and obstacles are ! Having said that, it'll be light when I go home so Ferry Road could be an option.

OP
OP
goo_mason

goo_mason

Made it home across the glass with no ill effects, but rather than tempt fate I decided to hit the roads this morning and took Ferry Road to Crewe Toll, where I joined the path again up to Roseburn. From thereon in I stuck to the road again all the way to work.

Now I just have to get my Spokes map back from the guy who borrowed it to work out a route from Crewe Toll to Roseburn (since I don't know the roads around there).

Have to admit Ferry Road was a lot less potholed than I was expecting, and I got plenty of room from the cars. Mind you, this was just after 6am when things were quiet :thumbsdown:

Top Bottom