Glass!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
colinr

colinr

I'll stick with Durano Pluses, they've done very well at not getting punctures so far and the expense is worth me not having to do work. Hopefully the massive gash is an unfortunate one-off incident.

I had a screw insert itself into my Greentyre the other week.I mean what moron leaves screws lying around?;)

XmisterIS

Purveyor of fine nonsense
hackbike 666 said:
I had a screw insert itself into my Greentyre the other week.I mean what moron leaves screws lying around?:sad:

The chavs on the estate on the other side of town from me (note how I bought a house that is nowhere near the estate!) deliberately put drawing pins down on the cycle track where it goes past the estate. They also throw bricks at cars, bikers and cyclists. I had a brick thrown at me when I was on my motorbike. Have you ever in your life known something so damn stupid?

Weegie

XmisterIS said:
The chavs on the estate on the other side of town from me (note how I bought a house that is nowhere near the estate!) deliberately put drawing pins down on the cycle track where it goes past the estate. They also throw bricks at cars, bikers and cyclists. I had a brick thrown at me when I was on my motorbike. Have you ever in your life known something so damn stupid?

Yes

I also bagged my first punc*e today, thanks to a fresh layer of broken Buckfast bottles in an underpass on the official Route 75. (Sustrans - bless 'em for trying, I suppose)

Grendel

Veteran
I was a Sustrans ranger for route 75, and the section between Drumgelloch and Plains was one of the worst I've seen. A combination of the area under one of the bridges being used as a drinking den, plus schoolkids smashing the discarded bottles made this one of the most glass infested !!!!holes in existance. Thank God Network Rail saw fit to rip it up and put a railway in it's place.

RedBike

I got my Marathon plus tyres last night (700x28). I fitted these and even filled my tubes with slime. The bike is a good 3mph slower; but surly I would be able to get to work for a few weeks puncture free now?

Nope.
I was 20mins late to work today. Not one puncture but 2. And these Marathon plus tyres are a major bitch to get on/off the rims!

I got a fishing hook stuck in the front tyre and a near complete glass bottle has stabbed by rear tyre.

Grendel

Veteran
Here's (the former) Route 75 on a good day:
littertowersrd010.jpg

And
glassdrumgelloch004.jpg

RedBike

Grendel, thats exactly the type of route I WAS riding NCN5 / 55.

I say was, because from now on i'm going to ignore the cycle paths and stick to the road.