Glass!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

colinr

Think I probably went through some judging by this:

glass.jpg

Don't think superglue can save it either :blush:

RedBike

Don't even mention that swear word.

I've just moved house and my new commute involves a lot of cycle paths. I'm averaging 2 puntures a week and i've already had to bin two tyres that have been cut up too badly to be re-used.

I'm already planning to fit a brush in a sort of snow plough fashion to sweap the road infront of me.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
RedBike said:

I've just moved house and my new commute involves a lot of cycle paths. I'm averaging 2 puntures a week and i've already had to bin two tyres that have been cut up too badly to be re-used.

I'm already planning to fit a brush in a sort of snow plough fashion to sweap the road infront of me.

This

or

This

:blush:

OP
OP
colinr

colinr

Puncture protection doesn't mean slash protection as exhibit A above shows (Schwalbe Durano Plus). In it's defence it's still fully inflated so the smartguard works, I just don't fancy riding it in that state.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
colinr said:
Puncture protection doesn't mean slash protection as exhibit A above shows (Schwalbe Durano Plus). In it's defence it's still fully inflated so the smartguard works, I just don't fancy riding it in that state.

Granted, but I was replying to Redbike;)

I've got Armadillo and thicker inner tubes (front) Greentyre (back)and while they do a good job must slow you down quite a bit...with all the other junk I have on my bike.

Not so much of a problem while commuting though.

upsidedown

Waiting for the great leap forward
You certainly won't be getting much more use from that tyre.
I made the mistake of going through the underpass in Stourbridge this morning, covered in the stuff. The annoying thing is that there's always one of those little road sweeper things cleaning the high street at 06:30, never seem to make it onto the cycle paths though.

mr_cellophane

Legendary Member
RedBike said:

No need to in East London, the A13 CP through Dagenham gets swept every week of two.

J4CKO

I hit the top of a Coke type class bottle the other day, made me jump !

I personally dont think the British Public can be trusted with glass bottles, we have realtives who live next to a beach, the kids go on the beach at night for a barbecue and a few drinks, fine apart from the fact they nick fences as firewood and make a point of smashing evrey bottle they have on the rocks, what fun, havign seen a kid with a six in gash in their foot a centimetre deep its not so funny, why is this country riddled with cretins ?

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
J4CKO said:
I hit the top of a Coke type class bottle the other day, made me jump !

I personally dont think the British Public can be trusted with glass bottles, we have realtives who live next to a beach, the kids go on the beach at night for a barbecue and a few drinks, fine apart from the fact they nick fences as firewood and make a point of smashing evrey bottle they have on the rocks, what fun, havign seen a kid with a six in gash in their foot a centimetre deep its not so funny, why is this country riddled with cretins ?[/QUOTE]

so true.

joggingbob

I changed my tyres to Marathon plus because of the amount of glass and punctures on parts of my commute. However there is one section now that is so bad that I will have to consider altering the route to avoid that section, (and yes bins are provided by the council in that area). Shame.;)