Glastonbury... anyone else catching up with the coverage?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I've no intention of going to Glastonbury but i do tend to watch some of the full sets on iPlayer.

I've no interest in Adele or Coldplay or Jeff Lynn's 'ELO', but might watch Muse as he is a fine guitarist.
Last night i watched Fatboy Slim's set and thoroughly enjoyed it. I've got Sigor Ros, Earth Wind & Fire, Chvrches, Anoushka Shankar and a few others queued up.

What have you lot been watching from Glasters 2016 and was it any good?

Reactions: TVC

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
Muse was v good as were Underworld.

I hated ELO back in the day when trying to be a punk with a schoolboy haircut, because they were the old guard & never paid much attention since, but I enjoyed Jeff Lynn and the orchestra he'd assembled. Still hate disco with a passion tho.
With you on Coldplay and Adele.

gbb

Legendary Member
Coldplay were good...meh, i like them but not love them.
PJ Harvey, without you (me) realising it, she's been around a few years. I like her earlier stuff and enjoyed watching her set...but some was a bit off my liking scale.
Jeff Lynnes ELO, more from my generation but i was just bored listening to it.
Foals ?...is that right, never heard of them but will make it my business to listen to some more of their stuff. Very good set.
Adele, missed hers, gutted.

OP
OP
MontyVeda

MontyVeda

You can catch up with Adele on the iPlayer... link in the OP @gbb

I'm a big fan of ELO but after watching Jeff Lynn's 'ELO' play Hyde Park last year, it's just not the same.
Big fan of Underworld too... well, their first couple of albums were great, then they went a bit flat after that (IMO). Got their set in the queue for nostalgic reasons.

Reactions: gbb
Last year during Glastonbury, I was on my last ditch attempt to qualify for PBP, doing an x-rated (no support) 600km audax on 3 hours sleep. I ended up out of time by the 300km point, so spent a few hours in motorway services coming in and out of consciousness. Glastonbury was on a nearby TV with the sound down and subtitles on. John Lydon was on, and I kept staring at the subtitles ... "anger is an energy, anger is an energy, anger is an energy, anger is an energy, anger is an energy, anger is an energy, anger is an energy, anger is an energy, anger is an energy, anger is an energy, anger is an energy, anger is an energy ...."

OP
OP
MontyVeda

MontyVeda

I enjoyed watching Underworld & FatBoy Slim's sets. Took me back to my raving days

:smile::eek::hugs:
I went to see Fatboy Slim in Leeds in about 2006, long after my raving days. I didn't have high hopes to be honest because at that point, watching a DJ really wasn't my thing and Fatboy's music peaked at the beginning with Better Living Through Chemistry (IMO)... but he was ruddy brilliant and this year's Glaster's set took me back to that :smile:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
John Lydon was on, and I kept staring at the subtitles ... "anger is an energy, anger is an energy, anger is an energy, anger is an energy, anger is an energy, anger is an energy, anger is an energy, anger is an energy, anger is an energy, anger is an energy, anger is an energy, anger is an energy ...."
He was right - it is, is, is, is, is, is, is, is, is, is, is, is ...! :okay:

Lullabelle

Banana
Enjoyed ELO and Muse but unfortunately we missed Sigur Ros :sad: Have twice seen them live... amazing :hyper:

Lullabelle

Banana
[QUOTE 4341309, member: 259"]Almost everything's on iPlayer - have you checked?[/QUOTE]

No but I am sure we will ^_^

I enjoyed Squeeze as well, it is good to see the guys back together. We saw them at Demontfort Hall last year and we are going to see Glen Tilbrook at the Musician again later in the year :music:

Jenkins

Legendary Member
I'm currently downloading a load of stuff from the iplayer to watch over the next few weeks having watched the Daughter set this morning. My queue consists of: Underworld
Beck
Chvrches
Bat For Lashes
Hinds
Savages
Grimes
New Order
ZZ Top
Paul Heaton & Jacqui Abbott
Fatboy Slim

I thought New Order were bloody good, and I watched the Philip Glass Heroes Symphony, which whilst I could appreciate it, annoyed me because it was so much less enjoyable than almost anything by David Bowie. BB

OP
OP
MontyVeda

MontyVeda

Watched Chvrches last night, followed by Daughter then Bat for Lashes... i'm not familiar with any of them although the names crop up on 6music often enough. Chvrches were mostly excellent, Daughter were very dull, and Bat For Lashes were very enjoyable

Must remember to add Grimes to my list.

Last edited:
Top Bottom