Glencoe?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

toroddf

:biggrin:

Its the bit between Ballachulish and Fort Bill thats bad.
But I've only done some of that bit, from Corran Ferry to the bridge twice.

Agree as the road from Oban joins up with the road from Glencoe at Ballachulish. Two into one.
But there is an alternative. The Corran ferry is free for cyclists/foot passengers. Take the ferry and the road to the north from there. Hardly any traffic. I believe there is a ferry direct to Fort Williams from that road again.

I also agree that the traffic over Glencoe is not bad. In heavy rain though, I would not go anywhere near it. Mostly due to the place being very exposed to the weather and getting a cold or something much worse is a real risk. Listen to the weather forecast and consider Loch Awe, Connel Ferry and Ballachulish as plan B.

Probably well-late in reply to the OP, but the Rannoch-Moor/Glencoe section was one of the best bits of my LEJOG. The 56mph free-wheel down the Glen to the sea was just awesome. No cars, no noise, just the whirr of tyres on tarmac, and the snow covered tops..... it was April/May, so perhaps too early for heavy traffic. Very memorable. I'd do the whole ride again just to repeat that experience (oh, and the stretch from Loch Naver, down Strath Naver to Bettyhill)....... hmm, I can see me doing this again in the next couple of years.....

MacPanda

Regular
The 56mph free-wheel down the Glen to the sea was just awesome.
Agree Rannoch Moor/Glencoe was one of the finest bits, but I had a headwind down into Glencoe. Probably for the best though as I had a broken spoke at the back and had released the back brake so it didn't rub. Did get a free bacon roll from the bloke in the van on the climb up to Rannoch Moor though.

Top Bottom