Global Fat Bike Day Saturday 5th December

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Us Brits started it but the Yanks have taken it over (as usual :whistle: )
The first Saturday of December is this years Global Fat Bike Day, it's where anyone with a Fat Bike (tyre width 3.8" or wider) is encouraged to dust down their monster bike and take it out for a spin, either on your own or in a group.

There are normally several group rides around the UK.

I'm leading the annual Merseyside edition taking in the beaches, sand dunes, miles of sandy single track, ice cream and coffee vans.
We've even got a logo :okay:
21356779125_108e701e1f.jpg

Meeting up at the south end of Crosby beach here - http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?...archp=ids.srf&dn=624&ax=331219&ay=397385&lm=0
9am meet up, 2 to 3pm finish (but with bail points)

Depending on final numbers expect the group to split into 2 at about the 25% mark, with one group doing several more miles and meeting up again for a coffee and all returning back to the start point.

So, far we've got 9 signed up

Have you got a Fat Bike?
Do you live within a couple of hours of Liverpool?
If yes and yes, get your name down.

21325803436_7b295f70de_z.jpg

Last edited:

Paul.G.

Just a bloke on a bike!
Bought my first fatty this weekend, a Rocky Mountain Blizzard from Charlie the bike monger, Swannage. Oh my God, what an experience!! I was bored of the road bike and a few years of having cross bikes was getting boring too and the buzz through the bars was doing my head in so fatty was the only way to go. Within half hour of buying the bike I was on the beach and in the sea, can't remember the last time I had as much fun. I will certainly be out on the 5th but might have to go solo as its not catching on as yet here in the shandy drinking south

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Bought my first fatty this weekend, a Rocky Mountain Blizzard from Charlie the bike monger, Swannage. Oh my God, what an experience!! I was bored of the road bike and a few years of having cross bikes was getting boring too and the buzz through the bars was doing my head in so fatty was the only way to go. Within half hour of buying the bike I was on the beach and in the sea, can't remember the last time I had as much fun. I will certainly be out on the 5th but might have to go solo as its not catching on as yet here in the shandy drinking south

I used to be a policeman in Reading.

But I never found the beach ^_^

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
One of the local bike shops, between the office and my fave cph coffee shop have a fat bike in the window. A spesh.

I won't be buying even though they might be quite useful if it snows....

OP
OP
JohnClimber
can't remember the last time I had as much fun. I will certainly be out on the 5th but might have to go solo as its not catching on as yet here in the shandy drinking south
There are a few GFBD's going on around the country and I think there is one around the Forest of Dean, I'll let you know

OP
OP
JohnClimber
One of the local bike shops, between the office and my fave cph coffee shop have a fat bike in the window. A spesh.

I won't be buying even though they might be quite useful if it snows....

Why do you need snow to enjoy riding a Fat Bike, you can ride it anywhere, beaches, hills, XC, racing that is unless you're scared to ride and smile ;)

OP
OP
JohnClimber

I think Charlie is doing a Dorset GFBD for you to join in on

Paul.G.

Just a bloke on a bike!
There are a few GFBD's going on around the country and I think there is one around the Forest of Dean, I'll let you know
That would be great, thanks. Im looking forward to meeting up with other fat bike owners. I like the fact that seeing a fat bike in the UK is still quite rare but it would be nice to see them getting a bit more more popular.

OP
OP
JohnClimber
That would be great, thanks. Im looking forward to meeting up with other fat bike owners. I like the fact that seeing a fat bike in the UK is still quite rare but it would be nice to see them getting a bit more more popular.

Take a look over on the UK Fat Bike forum
http://s436462119.websitehome.co.uk/index.php?PHPSESSID=7e49a7bbd321554c873c055e03af400b;
But it's an old web platform which is taking ages to upgrade (long story)
If you want to register please PM me your user name, email address and the time that you registered and I'll ask the forum admin to let you in

Paul.G.

Just a bloke on a bike!
Top Bottom