Global scenester's favourite ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
How are the couriers and fakengers going to stay ahead of the curve now, eh? :wacko:

I hear 70's mixte step-through frames are due for a revival.;)

dudi

ugh...
i'll have to put mine away for a while now, just until they decide that they prefer to use roller blades or something...

I don't want to be knnown as a scenester. that sounds like some sort of social disorder to me.

galaxy1

Damn..so if I don't want to be a scenester (what ever that is) I can't get a fixie.Fashion is a wonderful thing isn't it?
User1314,is that Tom Waits on your Avatar?

galaxy1

I don't wanna grow up,cool song!!:biggrin: hmm definately can't get a langster or spandex will kick my ass:biggrin: so theres always the paddy wagon or the giant fixie .Its the whole steel vs aluminium thing again.

OP
OP
Yellow Fang

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
Drat! I especially liked that bike at last year's cycle show, even though I live in Reading.

Greenbank

Über Member
I'm happy for it.

Give it a couple of years and eBay will be awash with cheap fixed bikes and components as they all move on to the next fad.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
The London Langster was an attempt to make the Langster cool. Didnt work, most of them hated it more. I dont like it either, looks horrible. Always the le mond filmore, Felt dispatch which i think look good.

GrahamG

Guru
The simple solution is to move out of London - far fewer 'scenesters' and stuck up twats in general! I'll still take pleasure in riding my geeky fix with the tall stem, regular drop bars, two (gasp!) brakes and even mudguards. I'm going all frame fit pump on that mofo soon; my grandad would be proud :rolleyes:

Greenbank

Über Member
GrahamG said:
The simple solution is to move out of London - far fewer 'scenesters' and stuck up twats in general! I'll still take pleasure in riding my geeky fix with the tall stem, regular drop bars, two (gasp!) brakes and even mudguards. I'm going all frame fit pump on that mofo soon; my grandad would be proud :evil:

http://www.greenbank.org/bikes/tempo/tempo6.jpg

Fixed.
Drop bars.
Two brakes.
Full Mudguards.
Aero bars.
Zefal HPX held on with Zefal Doodas.
Brooks saddle.
Carradice Barley.

Top Bottom