Glorious winters day on the Broads !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wherryman

Well its just 9am, the mist is lifting over the river, the thermometer says a cool zero, I've pulled on the gear and just out to do 50 miles on the Italian thoroughbred. I think I'll track the Yare along its southern edge, cross it on the ferry , take the back roads up to Norwich have a drink at the cathedral then south along river stopping at some of the staithes to take it all in !
Because its going to rain tomorrow.

see any good wildlife?

i take it you didn't use the inner ring at any point.

OP
OP
W

wherryman

Well, did about 45 in the end with only a quick dash round the inner ring past the station and football ground before round the back of Whitlingham. The sun went in about half way round and it was a cold day, of course the wildlife gets taken for granted there's so much about, I've often followed barn owls tracking the hedgerows and had deer running out in front but I couldn't tell a mongoose from a canadian goose to be honest !

Will1985

Über Member
Are you going out today? I'm having problems with the cold at the moment - not so much dressing up for it, but the biting cold in the lungs and nose. I'm tempted, but also wary of my health.....the turbo looks far more inviting!!

OP
OP
W

wherryman

Well, it was damn cold this morning, straight into a pretty strong north westerly by the feel of it for the first 15 miles but had it behind me on the way back. Cant say it was wholly enjoyable but I'm still in shorts !

OP
OP
W

wherryman

anyway I must be the only cyclist on the broads at this time of year - never see anyone, not even on sunny weekends !! go on, make yourselves known !!

Dave5N

Über Member
wherryman said:
Well, did about 45 in the end with only a quick dash round the inner ring past the station and football ground before round the back of Whitlingham. The sun went in about half way round and it was a cold day, of course the wildlife gets taken for granted there's so much about, I've often followed barn owls tracking the hedgerows and had deer running out in front but I couldn't tell a mongoose from a canadian goose to be honest !

Sounds gorgeous!

Top Bottom