Gloves which are warm & waterproof

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Another vote for Sealskinz, though I do have some Endura strikes as well. They are less bulkly , but not quite as warm or waterproof as the Sealskinz, but they're ok for 90% of the time. The other 10%, out come the Sealskinz!

squeaker

Über Member
Hubs

doyler78 said:
Anyway one puddle was up to my calves so I dried the chain and the rest of the bike with a rag however when I was checking my wheels to make sure they were still true when spinning the front wheel I can hear water running around which concerns me though can't work out where the noise is comming from. Is this likely to be a problem or will it dry out on it own without damage.
They might dry out on their own (eventually - being indoors in a centrally heated building will help), but personally I would be worried, especially if they are not sealed MTB hubs and you can hear a difference from when they were dry. Are you sure that it's water that you can hear running around and not just the bearing balls 'singing'?

OP
OP
D

doyler78

squeaker said:
They might dry out on their own (eventually - being indoors in a centrally heated building will help), but personally I would be worried, especially if they are not sealed MTB hubs and you can hear a difference from when they were dry. Are you sure that it's water that you can hear running around and not just the bearing balls 'singing'?

Haven't a clue. They never sung before. Know how to clean the chain and wipe the bike down and change a wheel and tube and can now adjust my brakes as I needed to do that in order to get the wheels on in the first place when I replaced them. They are el-cheapo Shimano WH-R550 so pretty basic. Beyond that I haven't a clue.

The sound is very much the sound of running water when you spin the wheel and was still there this morning when I took the bike out to work. What problems could I encounter when riding if I had unsealed hubs and there was water in there? Sorry if that sounds dumb.

Top Bottom