Gloves

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Simba

Specialized Allez 24 Rider
My current gloves don't have any padding on the palms and the grip isn't very good. (Bikehut gloves not all that great) Anyway, can anyone recommend me some good gloves with padding and good grip. I have found these on Evans but not sure if I should get them.

Spesh BG mitts seem to be recommended; I've got a few pairs and I'd recommend them too :smile:

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I bought track mitts and winter gloves, both made by Endura. The stitching is utterly useless, and they fall apart within six months. Shop elsewhere. The quality is bad.

Jezston

Über Member
I bought some Dunlop-branded gloves from Sports Direct for about a fiver (reduced from £15 or so). Had them six months or so - do the job nicely!

Sadly they aren't on their website. Check in store if you have a local one and looking to save a few quid. Just don't even look at their bikes as they are likely to inspire nausia.

siadwell

Guru
My current gloves don't have any padding on the palms and the grip isn't very good. (Bikehut gloves not all that great) Anyway, can anyone recommend me some good gloves with padding and good grip. I have found these on Evans but not sure if I should get them.

If you're riding a flat-barred bike, you need to consider where the padding is and the way you hold the grips.

I have some Specialized Body Geometry gloves with thick gel padding on the ulnar "corner" of the palm. These are presumably intended for drops, but I find the padding is next to useless on my flat bars.

Jakey Rowling

I've been using these this summer and I am very happy with them...a good price too. Sizes are a bit wonky though...I have fairly small hands but I am using the large size of these and they are very snug.

OP
OP
Simba

Simba

Specialized Allez 24 Rider

Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80004005'

The changes you requested to the table were not successful because they would create duplicate values in the index, primary key, or relationship. Change the data in the field or fields that contain duplicate data, remove the index, or redefine the index to permit duplicate entries and try again.

/includes/functions.asp, line 291

Not very good gloves are they hehehe

Anyway, I will go to evans cycles on thursday and try some on, they have a store 10 miles away.

I bought track mitts and winter gloves, both made by Endura. The stitching is utterly useless, and they fall apart within six months. Shop elsewhere. The quality is bad.
I have a pair of mightymitts and I've put them through the washing machine a number of times and they're still fine with no stitching problems

Top Bottom