Glueless patches

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The video I saw recommended cleaning the tube around the hole with an alcohol wipe to ensure it is clean
seems like a good idea - especially as we all have alcohol wipes and spray now!

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
How much do these self-adhesive puncture patches cost, is it more than the 15-20p I am paying for traditional glued patches in a kit?

looks like about 50p or so each - but less space needed as no glue needed

just found some glue type patches - 144 for £6.99
plus glue of course

personally I will keep on with the gluey ones when I have time - bu the self adhesive ones are more convenient at the side of the road and come in a nice plastic box to add to land fill later on!!

OP
OP
CharleyFarley

CharleyFarley

personally I will keep on with the gluey ones when I have time - bu the self adhesive ones are more convenient at the side of the road and come in a nice plastic box to add to land fill later on!!
The patch kits with glue, here, come in convenient plastic boxes. They can be recycled.

The patch kits with glue, here, come in convenient plastic boxes. They can be recycled.

View attachment 640923

Yeah - but my glueless box it about 1 inch square!

additional data

a few days ago I got my bike out to go for a ride
back tyre was dead flat

b****r

investigation revealed that the glueless patch I had put on had rucked up around the seam on the tyre and the hole had started to leak out through the fold
been ok for weeks but it must have been gradually been becoming less and less secure

now fixed using old fashioned ones with good old rubber solution - lots of it!!!!

and a lot of swearing at the tyre sealent that is supposed to prevent this - and lobbing some dosh at the LBS to get some better stuff rather than the off road tyre sealent I got off the internet
BTW - I assumed off road meant mountain bikes and such
turns out it meant JCBs and big trucks - so the amount to use on the instructions was not exactly relevant to the tyres I wanted it for!!!!

Scotchlovingcylist

Formerly known as Speedfreak
Used a topeak glue less patch on daughters bike at weekend. First time using them but impressed. Used a Stanley blade to trim the seam flat and it stuck incredibly well.
I'm converted 😁

Top Bottom