Glum

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hugo15

Über Member
Been struggling with my knee for weeks now. Kneecap is not tracking properly. Been to see a physio and have been doing the exercises but it has flared up again. Physio has recommended no cycling for 2 weeks to let it rest while I build my quad muscles up :biggrin:

...nothing lasts forever...not even your troubles... but it was nice out riding this evening Hugo - my sympathies. And.Looking forward to an extra dynamic posting session from you. Failing that, you could take bonj on at something or other...:biggrin:

OP
OP
Hugo15

Hugo15

Über Member
I only did 14 miles today as the weather was great but my knee was not right. It's not like it is very painful, just a bit of a niggle while I am on the bike but it stiffens up afterwards. Hopefully the rest and exercises will sort it out.

yenrod

I'm no expert Hugo - but try this....

If your knee aint TOO painfull push the kneecap to the side and 'feel' the groove...

I've had this in the past..and after readng up on it reckoned on the vibe on the hamstrings being TOO tight so stretched them lots yet DONT FORGET TO MASSAGE THE MUSCLE/s TOO ! = Calf, Tibialis (muscle on front of lower leg), Hamstring and Quadsricep - luv that leg man, put real effort and emotion into it: IT puts everything into your cycling...and whatever you do when not sitting on your ASS !

Move you hands = fingers (both hands) to be exact, in a sweeping motion towards the heart, on each muscle.

Treat those muscles like babies...

Care and appreciate them: what do they do for you ??????????

:biggrin:

Hugo15 said:
Been struggling with my knee for weeks now. Kneecap is not tracking properly. Been to see a physio and have been doing the exercises but it has flared up again. Physio has recommended no cycling for 2 weeks to let it rest while I build my quad muscles up :biggrin:

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Understand your problem, as I have had same improperly-tracking kneecaps for some time. Flared up about 6 months ago, when I started a BMF fitness class and running did for it. Sore, init ??? and very frustrating :biggrin:

Fortunately, I could still ride and have had good results from the physio. I can do over 5 mins on the treadmill now, with minimal pain. :sad:

It's been a long, frustrating journey but if I can run, jump etc at the end of it all, I might consider it to be worthwhile. We'll see....

I reckon fizzyos these days are pretty good, as they tend to make you do the exercises, rather than massage/manipulate things for you. That way, you have the knowledge to prevent re-occurence and can, to a certain extent, recuperate at your own pace: the more you exercise, the faster you heal - but within reason !!! I tried going hard at the exercises and overdid it, so had to back off. :biggrin::biggrin:!

Meanwhile, pull up your chair, warm up your fingers and we'll look forward to hearing lots from you about life, the universe and ..... :biggrin:

My sympathies too. :smile:

Top Bottom