Go Faster Bacteria

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Scientists have discovered a bacteria in the gut of quick marathon runners that when transferred to mice made the mice run faster.
Would you want this particular bacteria in your gut biome. Do you want it enough to ingest a stool sample from a fast runner?

Would you want this particular bacteria in your gut biome.

NO

Do you want it enough to ingest a stool sample from a fast runner?

NO

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Scientists have discovered a bacteria in the gut of quick marathon runners that when transferred to mice made the mice run faster.
Would you want this particular bacteria in your gut biome. Do you want it enough to ingest a stool sample from a fast runner?
Really,
and No thank you.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy

To the toilet

Seevio

Guru
Was the bacteria transferred to the mice in an "armageddon" manner? And how much faster exactly did they run? Are we talking 2:15 marathon times or what?

Globalti

Legendary Member
For people who you'd think more open-minded than the average citizen there's a depressingly closed mindset being demonstrated in the posts above. The idea of eating somebody's poo is misguided and straight out of an ill-informed tabloid newspaper article.

We all have thousands of benign (and occasionally malign) bacteria living in our guts and it's likely some of us already have this bacterium. I haven't read the article but I'd be willing to bet that the bacterium thrives as a consequence of a healthy lifestyle rather than causing people to become athletes.

Last edited:

Levo-Lon

Guru
If you eat out then you probably all ready are ingesting some , enjoy your takeaway ;) sadly fast marathon runners dont usually work these jobs:sad:

Top Bottom