Go-faster stripes!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cyclist33

Got a £50 Amazon voucher so used it to buy a pair of Schwalbe Durano S folding tyres. £25 ish each. Picked up some skinny inners from Evans on Friday the day the tyres arrived, and fitted them that evening. Only been out for 20 minutes as had a beer session to attend yesterday evening, but I'm well chuffed with them, and pleasantly surprised to find them nary less comfortable than the Conti City Contacts I had on before (this I am equally accrediting to my springy frame), and less than half the weight. Also have a very nice "rubbery" feel to them while riding; hard to adequately describe what I mean but they have a sort of firm, tacky spring to them which the Contis didn't.

Also - fast! Smooth and efficient. Doubt my averages will surge dramatically but I'm hoping hills have become a bit easier.

IMHO they look absolutely great, too.

10.jpg 3.jpg 6.jpg

Cheshire Celt

Legend
Very nice indeed

iwchris

Got a £50 Amazon voucher so used it to buy a pair of Schwalbe Durano S folding tyres. £25 ish each. Picked up some skinny inners from Evans on Friday the day the tyres arrived, and fitted them that evening. Only been out for 20 minutes as had a beer session to attend yesterday evening, but I'm well chuffed with them, and pleasantly surprised to find them nary less comfortable than the Conti City Contacts I had on before (this I am equally accrediting to my springy frame), and less than half the weight. Also have a very nice "rubbery" feel to them while riding; hard to adequately describe what I mean but they have a sort of firm, tacky spring to them which the Contis didn't.

Also - fast! Smooth and efficient. Doubt my averages will surge dramatically but I'm hoping hills have become a bit easier.

IMHO they look absolutely great, too.

View attachment 11984 View attachment 11985 View attachment 11986
Looks a lovely piece of kit! bet you will enjoy that.

Chris

Top Bottom