GO SARAH!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
A very well done to Sarah Storey for winning her historic 11th gold, and what's better is that I was there!

Using my knowledge about the medal ceremonies from yesterday, I left my place at the finish right after she crossed the line and went to where the medal ceremonies were.

It payed off, I ended up in front of the gold podium, right next to the press (so I have pictures where she appears to be looking at me), and even better, her family!! I have pictures of everything, her getting the medal, her carrying her Nephew about, letting him play with the medal and I got my ticket autographed by her too!

One more gold and she'll have over taken Tanni Gray Thompson!!

Pictures will come with time, but not until I can get to a computer man enough. Oh and Nessie was there too!

I wasn't there but am equally delighted. We watched her race in the national champs where she rode the whole race alone for 5th. As soon as she took the lead, I was confident she'd do it. Brilliant ride. Get those photos up!

MrJamie

Oaf on a Bike
You should have made a blog for Nessie, ive been looking forward to hearing of his adventures... it is a he right? :crazy:

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Mixed feelings: really glad for her that she won so convincingly, but mightily fed up that I'm so drugged up on antibiotics and painkillers at the moment that couldn't get up the hill to see them. Let's see those pictures!

Are you still around for tomorrow's or Saturday's races? Hoping I'll be able to make some use of the great weather we're having.

OP
OP
M

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Problem is that I don't have the laptop with me, a decision which was made for me and which I am now seriously regretting, just the iPad, and also I'm out all day at the various events, so often by the time I get back to the campsite all I want to do is sleep!

I'll post them up soon though, sorry.

U

User482

She was so fast, she overtook the men in the preceding race!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
She is quick - she does many of the local TT's in Cheshire and she is really fast. A colleague has seen her climbing The Brickworks at a rapid pace before. Talk is she'll be competing in the Olympics next time.

U

User482

She is quick - she does many of the local TT's in Cheshire and she is really fast. A colleague has seen her climbing The Brickworks at a rapid pace before. Talk is she'll be competing in the Olympics next time.

I heard that, but she's 34 now so I wonder if she'll be too old.

Top Bottom