Go to first unread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MartinC

Über Member
Where has this button gone? Am I missing something - do i need to do something to get this feature or is it somewhere else? Without it the site's too hard to use.

monkeypony

Where has this button gone? Am I missing something - do i need to do something to get this feature or is it somewhere else? Without it the site's too hard to use.

There is a 'view new content' bit on the upper right hand side of the screen.

OP
OP
M

MartinC

Über Member
There is a 'view new content' bit on the upper right hand side of the screen.

Thanks. It doesn't do the same thing though. It shows you all the new posts on the forum. I just want to go to the end of a thread I've been into before. I find forums without this feature really annoying to use.

Shaun

Founder
Thanks. It doesn't do the same thing though. It shows you all the new posts on the forum. I just want to go to the end of a thread I've been into before. I find forums without this feature really annoying to use.

Click the little orange block icon at the front of the topic link - that takes you to the latest un-read post for a thread.

Cheers,
Shaun :blink:

g00se

Veteran
Just to confirm, this link doesn't carry on from threads from the old site - only once the thread on the new site has been visited?

Shaun

Founder
Yes, the new site isn't "aware" of the old site or what threads you've read / not read - the same goes for PMs too - everything is effectively unread to start with.

You'll need to mark forums (and PMs) as read in the new site, but once you have done so, and new additions will work as expect with the "First unread" icon / link.

Cheers,
Shaun :blink:

Top Bottom