Goats cheese/milk, dairy products

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

domtyler

Über Member
I can google faster than you!!

A dairy is a facility for the extraction and processing of animal milk -- mostly from cows, sometimes from buffalo, sheep, horses or goats -- for human consumption.

As an adjective, the word dairy describes milk-based products and processes, e.g dairy cattle, dairy goat. A dairy farm produces milk and a dairy factory processes it into a variety of dairy products.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Think of it in Supermarket terms;

Is goats milk...

Fruit or Veg? Bread? Household Paper products? Crisps and Snacks? Ready meals? etc etc

No. Then it's Dairy!:smile:

OP
OP
Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
The reason I ask is that somebody on T.V. (Ready, Steady, Cook and no, I'm not watching it but can hear it ! Honest) has said they use goats cheese and milk as they are intolerant to dairy products.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Elmer Fudd said:
The reason I ask is that somebody on T.V. (Ready, Steady, Cook and no, I'm not watching it but can hear it ! Honest) has said they use goats cheese and milk as they are intolerant to dairy products.

That's true. Goats milk contains less of the thing people are allergic to in cows' milk - I think it's lactose...

So they should have said they were allergic to cow dairy products, to be completely correct.

OP
OP
Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
Thanx Arch, I did believe it was something like that, I bow to your superior knowledge.

B.T.W seen your photos, v. nice, oh, and Patrick's two timing you with buggi, can I be your new buddy ? I like a woman who doesn't mind getting her knees dirty :smile:

Arch

Married to Night Train
BJB said:
Definition of milk is in REGULATION (EC) 853/2004

<blah blah... secretion of the mammary gland of farmed animals ...blah blah>

Definition of dairy products "means processed products resulting from the processing of raw milk or from the further processing of such processed products"

Just thought I would clear that up :ohmy:

That's a lot of 'processing' !

Well, Elmer, thanks for the offer. I'll see whether he stays under control now I'm back, and keep you in mind...:smile:

Top Bottom