1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Goats cheese/milk, dairy products

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Elmer Fudd, 12 Sep 2007.

1. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Miserable Old Bar Steward

Is goats cheese and milk classed as a dairy product ?

Or are dairy products only related to our bovine friends ?

2. domtyler

domtyler Über Member

I can google faster than you!!

A dairy is a facility for the extraction and processing of animal milk -- mostly from cows, sometimes from buffalo, sheep, horses or goats -- for human consumption.

As an adjective, the word dairy describes milk-based products and processes, e.g dairy cattle, dairy goat. A dairy farm produces milk and a dairy factory processes it into a variety of dairy products.

3. wafflycat

wafflycat New Member

4. Arch

Arch Married to Night Train

Think of it in Supermarket terms;

Is goats milk...

Fruit or Veg? Bread? Household Paper products? Crisps and Snacks? Ready meals? etc etc

No. Then it's Dairy!:smile:

5. Elmer Fudd

The reason I ask is that somebody on T.V. (Ready, Steady, Cook and no, I'm not watching it but can hear it ! Honest) has said they use goats cheese and milk as they are intolerant to dairy products.

6. Arch

That's true. Goats milk contains less of the thing people are allergic to in cows' milk - I think it's lactose...

So they should have said they were allergic to cow dairy products, to be completely correct.

7. Elmer Fudd

Thanx Arch, I did believe it was something like that, I bow to your superior knowledge.

B.T.W seen your photos, v. nice, oh, and Patrick's two timing you with buggi, can I be your new buddy ? I like a woman who doesn't mind getting her knees dirty :smile:

8. Arch

That's a lot of 'processing' !

Well, Elmer, thanks for the offer. I'll see whether he stays under control now I'm back, and keep you in mind...:smile: