Gobsmacked!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I was sat at these traffic lights in the car tonight when riding across the junction was a definite POBSO. I was completely amazed that a bike could be so ill-fitting, could stay upright whilst ridden so slowly with knees at such odd angles, and the complete rigidiy of the rider's neck - no head movement at all, fixed straight ahead. That in itself was pojtedly odd, it took a moment for the penny to drop that he was coming up the hill from right to left.

Bear in mind that this is 5:30pm, a busy time, and right to left is against the traffic flow of a one way street with a pinch point crossing there...completely unruffled as he rode opposing the oncoming cars passing with only inches to spare.

I wasn't sure whether a brain scan would indicate any activity at all in there....

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
See much more of it when the speed limit is raised to 40mph on Penistone Road...

Femto

huh.gif

Forgive me... what's a POBSO??
No amount of searching on these forums, Google or Wikipedia resulted in any decription.

Arch

Married to Night Train
huh.gif

Forgive me... what's a POBSO??
No amount of searching on these forums, Google or Wikipedia resulted in any decription.

I think: Person On a Bicycle Shaped Object.

A conflation of POB - person on a bicycle, used by some (including me on occasion, ok I'm a snob) to delineate between an idiot and a 'proper' cyclist (IE, like someone like me) and BSO - bicycle shaped object, or a a full suspension horror from a discount catalogue or supermarket.

I always assumed PoB was Pedestrian on a Bike, but perhaps I am a bit judgemental when I see things that stand out against the normal flow of traffic.

[q]I see some amazing riding from lasses on these 'dutch' bike things - I'm so shocked they live........ :whistle: [/q]
It was the foreign students on bikes in Cambridge over the summer that made me cringe most. No idea what way the traffic should be flowing and fuelled by a sense of immortality that only happens with youth and numbers....I don't miss it.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
It was the foreign students on bikes in Cambridge over the summer that made me cringe most. No idea what way the traffic should be flowing and fuelled by a sense of immortality that only happens with youth and numbers....I don't miss it.

They don't live over here then.....i.e. over the pond folk 'respect' cyclists maybe ?

Top Bottom