God I love Dr. Feelgood!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

runner

Guru
After a hard 10 mile run this morning...well what else can a runner do^_^...here I am listening to two of the greatest raw rock and roll albums every made...Down by the Jetty and Malpractice by the amazing Dr. Feelgood and it's great to hear that Wilco is on the road to recovery. I saw Feelgood live in the mid 70's when I was at uni...now is it only me likes them or are there like minded rock heads out there who remember the good days when rock and roll was stripped back to the raw:bravo::bravo:

Mireystock

SIip-slidin' down Big Pig...
Yep, I like them and I also like the fact that they look more like villains from The Sweeney than a band ! As kids (12 or so) we peaked in on them while they were doing a soundcheck, prior to a gig at the Malvern Winter Gardens.

After a hard 10 mile run this morning...well what else can a runner do^_^...here I am listening to two of the greatest raw rock and roll albums every made...Down by the Jetty and Malpractice by the amazing Dr. Feelgood and it's great to hear that Wilco is on the road to recovery. I saw Feelgood live in the mid 70's when I was at uni...now is it only me likes them or are there like minded rock heads out there who remember the good days when rock and roll was stripped back to the raw:bravo::bravo:
Isn't the lead singer recently deceased?

TVC

Still knocking out a great show, I saw them last year, and will be in their company again in a couple of months. There may have been slight line up changes.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Saw Dr Feelgood a couple of times at the UEA. They were brilliant.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Still knocking out a great show, I saw them last year, and will be in their company again in a couple of months. There may have been slight line up changes.

That's Steve Walwyn formerly of the DTs on guitar, he's a keen cyclist having done LEJoG twice, second time for charity (he has a child with Downs Syndrome)
The DT's are having their 3rd annual get together (after splitting up 20yrs ago) in Leicester on the 30th of this month, should be a great gig. :becool:
EDIT there is a write-up on their website I just cannot get a link to work. Google it

Last edited:

TVC

That's Steve Walwyn formerly of the DTs on guitar, he's a keen cyclist having done LEJoG twice, second time for charity (he has a child with Downs Syndrome)
The DT's are having their 3rd annual get together (after splitting up 20yrs ago) in Leicester on the 30th of this month, should be a great gig. :becool:
EDIT there is a write-up on their website I just cannot get a link to work. Google it
It should be a very good gig, particularly because I will be there.:thumbsup:.

I spent several drunken nights in the Charlotte in the mid 80s with The DTs on stage. If memory serves (given the volume of Newcastle Brown I was capable of getting through, possibly not) they actually supported Dr Feelgood when I saw them there in 85-86.

Top Bottom