Going crazy ! Seen the dark side ..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
In rainy Devon on Hols for a week, no room for a bike and the local bike hire offers BSO`s.Not as i would get chance to go for a ride what with 2 kids ,the wife and wifes parents to keep an eye on !!!
Not much to do besides eat junk and have a few beers every night ,its chilling to think how many people can live a live of to much food and no exersize because even after 5 days of it i am screaming !!!!!
Every day i get up with the intention of going for a run , that gets hammered down by family commitments etc and the pool is so small that you could do a lenth in about 5 strokes .
Save me !!!!!!
I intend to be back on the bike asap when i get back home and hopefully next week get a ride in every day.
Internet access on site is very dodgy , its taken me this ong to check my emails and post a message, i will ask the camp`s staff to feeed the mice driving the servers so i might not be able to reply .

Nearly there

Veteran
I feel your pain before I got into this cycling lark 5 nights of boozing and junk food would of appealed to me but now any more than 2 days off the bike I get grumpy.Ive had to endure suburban hell today 3 1/2 hours to cut the grass and cut the hedges then a trip to the beach passing cyclists on the way wishing I was on my bike too instead of in the car having to listen to music my kids like.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
I know exactly how you're feeling CK!! In the 7 days of inactivity with parent-in-law across in Ambleside last month I ate and drank too much in the evenings and it was the week that it rained and rained and rained over the South Lakes with the rest of GB in glorious sunshine.... :hyper: , what with bottles of wine and food out every night [with puddings!] and found I was over 15st when I got back on the Wii.... been out 6 out of 7 days on my bike since I got back and back down to 14st9....aiming for 13st by the end of the year!

Archie_tect

I'm really lucky, since the kids left home, Mrs R and I are able to take more active holidays. This year it was LEJOGLE, next year we will walk the Camino and we are planning a ride through France for the year after.
Please can we come... our 2 keep getting jobs away but then gravitate home for a while. It's lovely to see them mind!

Archie_tect

Someone once worked out how much each one costs... but then it's just pay-back which our parents have probably enjoyed watching!

Top Bottom