Going out out

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
It's that time of the year when some of us who aren't regular "out out" ers go for it.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jP_brwVyvc

So how was your out out?

Me, I was out out at 4.30pm on Saturday. I went in about 5 pubs in Glossop I've never been in before (and several I have been in). Went to a pub that only serves vegan food about 8pm and had a great chickpea and spinach curry. With chips cos I'd had a few beers by then. I had a pint from their microbrewery that was only £1.80. But it tasted crap.
My mate and I ended up at 10pm in a pub with a band doing punk covers. I did some rather embarrassing, in hindsight, dancing. Back home for 11pm. 15 year old son laughed at me for swaying gently in the hall as I chatted with him. Planned a ride the next day but there was no way. Complete write off.

Great fun

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
I have been in that very same Vegan micro-brewery pub and I was not just swaying gently when I came out. Lady Skol found me collapsed in the shower and I spent the next day in bed while she did all the packing for the annual family foreign holiday on her own. I was not very popular :sad:

EDIT: I have enthusiastically avoided going 'out out' this year because I always hate it anyway and drinking heavily is the only escape.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
I went out in Manchester City Centre a couple of weeks ago. Started at Sams Chophouse at lunch went to various drinking establishments and the Christmas markets had a curryvurst and was so gone that by the time I got off the train home, had forgotten I had had food and bought the pictured monstrosity and proceeded to dribble chilli sauce down the front of my shirt. Then fell asleep. Woke up the next day and had that recollection and realisation phase thinking sh1t I didn't do/eat that did I?
tmp_21840-DSC_0490-583002983.JPG

Fubar

Guru
Went out at 4:30pm on Friday for a couple of drinks after work as it was the last day for a lot of folk, not intending to go "out out" as I had a club ride at 08:15 the following morning - by 9:30pm I had missed all the trains I knew about, was adamant I was getting the last train home at 11:20pm (which I did) but had to down a half pint someone bought me just as I was about to leave. Managed to text my wife that I was "a bit p1ssed" and she kindly picked me up from the train station.

Needless to say, I didn't make the 08:15 club ride...

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
If that vid in the op is what passes for comedy today then I think folk should go out more often.

Glow worm

Legendary Member
I loathe going out but then I am a miserable ba$tard!

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
I went out in Manchester City Centre a couple of weeks ago. Started at Sams Chophouse at lunch went to various drinking establishments and the Christmas markets had a curryvurst and was so gone that by the time I got off the train home, had forgotten I had had food and bought the pictured monstrosity and proceeded to dribble chilli sauce down the front of my shirt. Then fell asleep. Woke up the next day and had that recollection and realisation phase thinking sh1t I didn't do/eat that did I? View attachment 74996

I'm salivating looking at that. And it must have at least a couple of your five-a-day mustn't it? A pickled gherkin in the pub and a couple of pints of organic ale and you're there for your daily fruit and veg quota

Top Bottom