going solar

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Good for you but that's going to take a while to pay for itself ?

OP
OP
W

windy7777

ive had the solar cells fora while i have 3 cells that do like 20 watts a cell. snd i have a 100 cell had them for a year or so. just for emergencys. .for chsrging my ebike im useing the 100 watt panel. i have no ides how to hook it up straight to bike charger. so im going to use the panel to charge a battery pack. then use the pack to charge my bike

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
To hook the bike up, you need something like an AC to DC Sine Wave Inverter that will handle the 110-240v to 24-36v conversion to charge the e-bike.

You can buy or have custom built battery packs made that hold a lot of charge that you can hook up and have the solar panels charge then flick a switch and turn the solar off so you can charge your bike via the battery. you might even need a voltage regulation box. Either way a good inverter can be quite costly.

I have seen someone do a similar thing by modding a transit van into a mobile home so the knowledge i have is only from what i have watched the guy do.

It is very worth paying a qualified electrician some beer money for an opinion and rough estimate of overall cost as well as for safety reasons before deciding if its really something you want to pursue otherwise you might be waiting forever to have your ebike fully charged.

CXRAndy

Guru
ive had the solar cells fora while i have 3 cells that do like 20 watts a cell. snd i have a 100 cell had them for a year or so. just for emergencys. .for chsrging my ebike im useing the 100 watt panel. i have no ides how to hook it up straight to bike charger. so im going to use the panel to charge a battery pack. then use the pack to charge my bike

You can put them in series to match the battery voltage. You will need voltage control and current limit. Easier to connect panels to an inverter, generate AC and use a proper bike battery charger

Drago

Legendary Member
You might want to Google "inefficiency" and "trophic levels".

Top Bottom