Going to lbs and being nosey....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
J

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Dayvo said:
Yeah! Use £15 worth of petrol to fix a pun*ture for a tenner! :laugh:

No, i have my bike. I'll just stick loads of inner tubes on it and race around.
I'll be the inner tube man:becool:

Joe24 said:
No, i have my bike. I'll just stick loads of inner tubes on it and race around.
I'll be the inner tube man:becool:

Yeah! £15 worth of energy bars to get you around the Midlands to fix a pun*ture for a tenner! :laugh:

Joe24 said:
So who wonts to join up into this bussiness of mine:biggrin:

:laugh:

Better still! Get qualified/experienced as a cycle mechanic; take a 'cycling instructor's training programme' course, buy a decent van (Renault Kangoo/VW Caddy etc.) for all your parts/tools/spares etc. and contact schools in the neighbourhood offering your services to X no. of pupils, for a morning's/afternoon's instruction, for say £300-£500! That's my plan one day!:smile:

OP
OP
J

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Dayvo said:
Better still! Get qualified/experienced as a cycle mechanic; take a 'cycling instructor's training programme' course, buy a decent van (Renault Kangoo/VW Caddy etc.) for all your parts/tools/spares etc. and contact schools in the neighbourhood offering your services to X no. of pupils, for a morning's/afternoon's instruction, for say £300-£500! That's my plan one day!:laugh:

Nooo, you need one of those vans that Mister P help sell for that shop i think.

longers

Legendary Member
User1314 said:
Can anyone tell me how I can do my own check ups, clean and polish please?

You need a mirror on a stick. Get a mirror and glue it to a stick.

Next you will need a brillo pad, preferably on a stick, and some polish.

Get scrubbing.

Please put the cheque in the post, payable to Mr Notadentist.

girofan

gavintc said:
Yep, been there and with a group from the club ride standing around on a cold winter morning. I was not the most popular man. I think it was because I was rushing it and nicked the tube - twat.

What do you use the twat for? Is it to get the tyre off, or to see where the inner tube is punctured? :angry:

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
i once had to take a wheel to the lbs; i had a puncture and, having gone through both spare tubes and breaking two levers trying to get the tyre back on, i gave best.

lbs charged just £5 for a new tube, fitted. apparently some tyre/rim combinations just do not go unless you're a real tyre monkey. i've since changed the wheelset and can change the tubes easily enough with the park levers i subsequently invested in.

Top Bottom