Going to the office this morning at 7

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rh100

Debian said:
Not to mention the suicides and mass depression at the Apple manufacturing plant in China.

Foxconn, according to the beeb, employs hundreds of thousands, military style discipline and long work hours.

If true, these products should be derided as much as cheap labour food and clothing, except joe publicdon't even get a cheap device, it certainly makes you think when you realise where our gadgets come from.

ASC1951

Guru
Debian said:
Apple.

A marketing triumph of {dubious} style over substance aimed at sheep.
Spot on. A whole business sustained by snobbery and smugness, sold to people whose self-worth is wrapped up in a gadget.

Microsoft for sanity, Apple for vanity.

Coco

ASC1951 said:
Microsoft for sanity,...

Must show my work colleagues that. I presume you don't work in IT.

Ben Lovejoy said:
Seems I'm both sane and vain, then. :smile:

Ben, typing on a MacBook Pro running Windows 7

And God help you if you've got Campag as well :wahhey:

Debian

ASC1951 said:
Spot on. A whole business sustained by snobbery and smugness, sold to people whose self-worth is wrapped up in a gadget.

Microsoft for sanity, Apple for vanity.

I agree except.....

...... Apple for vanity, Linux for sanity :wahhey:

But to be entirely fair, Windows 7 + Server 2008 is not three bad at all!

Mark_Robson

I owned a 8 gig Sony Walkman MP3 player until Xmas when my wife bought me a 16 gig iPod Nano. I really like it's functionality, which IMO is superior the the Sony's BUT, and it's a massive but, I hate itunes. I really object to not being allowed to drag and drop music directly to the iPod from my hard drive.

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
Media Monkey is your friend :-)

There are also solutions that let you drag-and-drop onto the iPod in Windows Explorer (different versions of the iPod need different apps), but I'm betting after you've tried Media Monkey you won't want to use anything else.

Mark_Robson

Thanks Ben I'll check it out.

Top Bottom