Gold Bullion as an investment ??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Gold is not something for an amateur investor to get involved in.

View attachment 623072
It very much can be, just don’t put all your eggs in one basket. I purchased quite a large number of gold sovereigns in late 2000 just after they hit rock bottom. They are very liquid and of all my investments other than the house are the only tangible things I have. They are also my fail safe if the stockmarket/financial systems collapse or WW3 kicks off.

gbb

Legendary Member
From a very simplistic view, if i see the prices are at very high levels, for me, its NOT the time to buy (if you want it as an investment)
Same with crypto, there seems to be a panic to buy when its reaching all time highs, again, as a relatively risk averse person...the very time NOT to buy .

PK99

Legendary Member
From a very simplistic view, if i see the prices are at very high levels, for me, its NOT the time to buy (if you want it as an investment)
Same with crypto, there seems to be a panic to buy when its reaching all time highs, again, as a relatively risk averse person...the very time NOT to buy .

Buying and holding is not the way to make money in crypto world.

In the very early days of Bitcoin my nephew wrote a mining program and mined a miniscule ammout.

He then started arbitrage trading on various Crypto exchanges, but found the process and decision making too time consuming and stressful. So he wrote a Bot that sits on his home computer and 24/7 scans various Crypto exchanges for arbitrage opportunities and Auto trader as suitable opportunities arise. Some days no trades. Others dozens

When I spoke to him about a year ago, he was holding £500k in Crypto currencies. All from zero base and having taken modest amounts from Crypto wold into Real world.

gbb

Legendary Member
Buying and holding is not the way to make money in crypto world.

In the very early days of Bitcoin my nephew wrote a mining program and mined a miniscule ammout.

He then started arbitrage trading on various Crypto exchanges, but found the process and decision making too time consuming and stressful. So he wrote a Bot that sits on his home computer and 24/7 scans various Crypto exchanges for arbitrage opportunities and Auto trader as suitable opportunities arise. Some days no trades. Others dozens

When I spoke to him about a year ago, he was holding £500k in Crypto currencies. All from zero base and having taken modest amounts from Crypto wold into Real world.
A colleague of mine, a friend of his sounds as tbough he has done something similar, 'created' a new cryto currency, i assume mined it and given it a new name (i have no idea how this works so its just an assumption) anyway, he gaave my colleague a few crypto coins with the instruction NOT to cash them in yet, they need to grow. His meagre holding was soon worth circa £2000 ish. Of course, it can crash in value just as likely...as has happened several times over to two other collegaues who dabble, up and down like a yoyo.

PK99

Legendary Member
A colleague of mine, a friend of his sounds as tbough he has done something similar, 'created' a new cryto currency, i assume mined it and given it a new name (i have no idea how this works so its just an assumption) anyway, he gaave my colleague a few crypto coins with the instruction NOT to cash them in yet, they need to grow. His meagre holding was soon worth circa £2000 ish. Of course, it can crash in value just as likely...as has happened several times over to two other collegaues who dabble, up and down like a yoyo.

It is those crashes and yoyo movements that nephews bot identifies as arbitrage moments and trades. E.g. Out of bit coin, into another crypto and back into bit coin all via different exchanges and taking advantage of rate lags in different markets.

Top Bottom