golfers? club recomendation

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
If it's crazy golf, I'm yer man, few hole-in-ones last time I played, my oppo was blubbing like a gurl by the end, mind you he was only 6 at the time.

Dan B

Disengaged member
Only golf club I've been to is Wentworth, but I wouldn't rate it. Full of polo shirt wearers

OP
OP
coco69

coco69

Veteran
[QUO="vickster, post: 3528414, member: 10217"]Maybe try a golf rather than a cycling forum...I assume such terrifying places exist :ph34r:[/QUOTE]

I am in the cyclechat cafe arent i? :cuppa:

Last edited:
OP
OP
coco69

coco69

Veteran
Thats correct however people dont just ride bikes and comment how light their bike is...?.I have no doubt their are golfers on here who will genuinely help, I am not a member of any golf forums so I posted the thread in the cafe section....the end!

vickster

Legendary Member
Just trying to help. :wacko: See ya :banghead:

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
I like Ping woods but would choose Taylormade irons, but a lot will depend on what sort of iron player you are and whether you expect/have capacity to improve. I'd rate the Speedblades quite highly along with the Callaway Apex. In both instances you need to be aware that the manufacturers have created apparent improvements by changing the numbers on the bottom. So a new 8 iron would have the loft, and almost the length, of an older 7 iron. Despite this being well known, and clear to read on club specs, it's surprising how many people get sold on how far they hit their new '8' iron.

With an 18 handicap then, unless you plan on a great deal of practice, would stick with game improvement style irons and preferably steel shafts.

OP
OP
coco69

coco69

Veteran
Cheers for that I had some older pings g2s I think and just thinking about sticking with ping or going with something that will get me up and running again.....appreciated

Levo-Lon

Guru
Go to the pro shop with good fitting service and get a set fitted to suit your swing..

I loved my ping g5 clubs but haven't played for nearly 6 yr as I lost intrest but I may get them out of the loft again as ioften get asked if I want a game frommy old golf crowd..
I was a 11h and getting the right shaft in a club helped, my swing speed was around 115,120 mph so stiff shaft heled stop fade slice etc.. and I managed to hit greens and fairways which is the trick....putting is another thing altogeather...killed my game.

Top Bottom