GONE: Ever Ready light set

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

brand

How long does the battery last now Brand. I have a front of them which is not bad but only lasts 1.5hrs
Wouldn't be surprised if it didn't last as long. They will be massively brighter. Should be 6 times brighter on a like for like. IE if they lasted as long they would be 6 times brighter if they only last half as long 12 x brighter.

brand

Opps forgot definitely get 1 hour out of them on reasonable capacity rechargeables. I have remembered to recharge them next day so haven't found out.
Remember if using disposables they will last longer. Normally disposables have to be thrown away when they still have power in them because they fade where they won't with the nicelite.
Have added the brightness in Lumens to the picture post above.​

Last edited:
I might not get one for the Ever Ready light but I've found one to replace my Petzl Zoom bulb. Never occured to me before, tah for the heads up @brand

w00hoo_kent

One of the 64K
They were bought around that time. I used to work at a Coop about 4 miles from home 2 evenings & saturdays, so bought the lights to cycle during the darker nights. the lights aren't too heavy (without batteries :laugh:)
I upgraded from these
image_2014-04-12.jpg
Those are what I had in the early 80's. On my mothers shopper bike, not sure what was wrong with my racer the day I spread them over the road after hitting a pot hole at 6am buckling the wheel, I had to carry the bike to my dad's chip shop (I was due to do the days chips and remember I hadn't wanted to do it in the first place) on the end I phoned home and was taken off to hospital with a suspected fracture of my arm (turned out to just be over dramatic teenager pains).

My memory of those style of lights is of them stained brown from leaky batteries, not this clean :-)

brand

I might not get one for the Ever Ready light but I've found one to replace my Petzl Zoom bulb. Never occured to me before, tah for the heads up @brand
Rear must use red LED. White LED is brighter through a red lense but it has a washed out look and is pink. My brother would be happy with pink but he is gay and lives in San Francisco!! I will email him this post he will not approve:banghead:

brand

Checked out bulb you bought. Think there similar in price as the one I bought. Will save that site.

Last edited:

brand

At this point in time lights are still running at full brightness after 4 hours. Which with hindsight is obvious. 1000mah = 1 amp. 4 x 2000 Mah rechargeables = 8 hours. Therefore 8 hours. Bleeding obviously. I have no intention of staying awake to find out!!

Last edited:

brand

6 hours 20 minutes:hello:

brand

Gave up and went to bed. Recharged batteries overnight. Put in two batteries and the light came on. So working at what appeared to be full brightness at 1.2 volts.

brand

Bike lights 1 new LED 2 x .5 watt 003.JPG

Picture taken at about 6.30 pm on 17/10 from outside the garage so half light. Very bright no idea how long the batteries will last may but only AAA. Never happy using them AA about same price 3 time the capacity. 3 settings on, flash and chase?
Excellent lights from China and a UK seller. Not much that I will buy from China/Honk Kong particularly rechargeable batteries but never had a problem with lights. Obviously if buying from China you will have a month long wait.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161340004401?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2648&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:blush:T

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281372525789?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:blush:T

And UK seller
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/400599068087?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:blush:T

Top Bottom