Good 1st buy ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
I'd say anything in three figures is overpriced if all you are doing is having a mess around off-tarmac! Even at the reduced price, it's still 33 times more money than the MTB I mostly knock around on in woods etc. Why not buy something secondhand first and see how much you like off-tarmac riding and how much of it you are actually going to do?
There's no point in paying £600+ if it turns out to be a flash in the pan and then gets stuffed in your shed after you've ridden it half a dozen times. I've got a couple of bikes that were not cheap when new and were clearly very little used as they were virtually like new condition when I bought them secondhand at well over 20 years old. Loads of people clearly start off with a big burst of enthusiasm then stuff their barely-used new bike away and forget about it. Great for someone like me who likes secondhand bargains, but not a very smart way to spend your cash on a whim.

OP
OP
tom73

tom73

Guru
I've done some off road stuff before the bug has not gone away and it wont end up left in any shed of mine. I'm more then open to 2rd hand but never drop on one that either fits or worth want they wont for it not to mention getting into bidding wars. I may well end up finding one but equally I have some money for a MTB so don't mind buying new it's not like a spend on many other things and it's something I love to do. So why not spend a bit ?

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Probably a bit overpriced I think you can do better if you shop around as above.
Decathlon do a great range of MTBs at keen prices plus you get a lifetime frame warranty.
But as @SkipdiverJohn says the used market is awash with bikes that have been bought on a whim so perhaps check out what is going locally.

Top Bottom