Good afternoon

When are you too old to get another bike?

• Never

Votes: 9 81.8%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slick

Guru
Hi. :welcome:

Obviously I voted for never as life just wouldn't be the same if I started counting how many new bikes I've got left.

Slioch

Guru
:welcome:

Never.

I ride 2 wheeled bikes at present. When I get too old for that I plan to get a trike. And when I get too old for that I'm gonna get an electric trike. And after that, if they do bathchairs with electric motors, then I'm gonna get one of those as well.

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
Welcome.

You are never too old. I was riding in the Yorkshire Dales last year and ended up cycling alongside another cyclist, I must have spent half an hour talking with this really interesting fellow, he looked about 65 years old, he was 82! As fit as a fiddle, Cycles the hilly Yorkshire Dales almost every week. He was riding an old Ellis Briggs in how should I say ‘oily rag’ condition. I have no doubt if his trusty steed required replacing he wouldn’t hesitate to do so.

Last edited:

Slick

Guru
What fool put 70 ? Sheesh.
Two now. :rolleyes:

Okay, own up who was it? ^_^

Sharky

Guru
Two now. :rolleyes:

Okay, own up who was it? ^_^
Erm,,, could have been me.
Given myself a target of 14 months to get another bike.

Seriously though, haven't bought a complete new bike for about 10 years, but in the last couple of years have bought a front carbon tri-spoke and a deep section rear track wheel for my TT bike. I doubt if I will buy another complete bike, but I can certainly see myself upgrading buts & pieces.

Slick

Guru

Erm,,, could have been me.
Given myself a target of 14 months to get another bike.

Seriously though, haven't bought a complete new bike for about 10 years, but in the last couple of years have bought a front carbon tri-spoke and a deep section rear track wheel for my TT bike. I doubt if I will buy another complete bike, but I can certainly see myself upgrading buts & pieces.
That's okay Sharky, I was only joking really, each to their own, especially if you have been cycling for years and have quite a fleet.

I still think their is no age limit to adding to it though. :thumbsup:

Sharky

Guru
That's okay Sharky, I was only joking really, each to their own, especially if you have been cycling for years and have quite a fleet.

I still think their is no age limit to adding to it though. :thumbsup:

You're right, age should not be a consideration. If you need a bike and have the funds, you must buy.

I can see my needs changing in the future. A solo trike, an e bike and believe it or not, never had a mtb.

Top Bottom