Good all round tyre

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tom73

Guru
Picked up a 2rd hand planet x london road yesterday which has clearly been looked after.
Just the tyres that could do with replacing at some point soon.
I'm looking at using it as a bit of an all round bike some road use and some off road gravel , cycle path woodland paths sort of stuff and the odd bit of bike packing.

Tubless ready be good to have so to give option in future and don't brake the bank.

I have thought Schwalbe G-One Allround may fit the bill.

https://www.merlincycles.com/schwal...aceguard-folding-gravel-tyre-700c-100498.html
or
https://www.merlincycles.com/schwal...n-tl-easy-folding-gravel-tyre-700c-91923.html

Or are the current tyre a good choice so just do a like for like replacement ?

Current set up is wtb crosswolf 32c with gipiemme roccia 700c/29er wheels

Could upgrade the wheels at the sometime but they look to be fine for the moment.

Any other good options ?

Levo-Lon

Guru
Land cruiser, will be a shout,..

I'd go for a lighter tyre if your going tubeless, maybe a xc tyre that will fit, good clearance on the LR

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
As above, Schwalbe Landcruisers are pretty good tyres. Been using them myself for years.
The central ridge helps them glide along roads and the side knobbles help out when things get wet and squishy.
Tbh though, unless you're planning on wet and squishy rides, a normal road tyre will do perfectly well on gravel/offroad type surfaces.

wonderloaf

Veteran
I've got the tan wall version of these in the 38c (actually measure 40mm) and find them good all round tyres. Roll really well on the road and good for the odd excursion onto dryish gravel/footpaths. Not too good in the muddy bits but that's too be expected with that tread pattern. Run mine at 50 psi back / 45 psi front which makes for a comfortable ride :smile:

OP
OP
tom73

tom73

Guru
Thanks guys for the help.
Found a eBay deal on a pair of Schwalbe Landcruisers all set to resume the tubes one turned out to have been patched and was looking a bit shabby. So got another deal on some Schwalbe tubes picked up and fitted last night. Checked this morning and it's all ready to roll.

You were looking at G Ones and went for Lancruisers?! That's a bit like considering buying an Audi Quattro then deciding on a Land Rover instead....!

Have fun anyway, the London Road riders I know are very happy with their choice.

OP
OP
tom73

tom73

Guru
@EasyPeez Maybe so but offer on the a LBS eBay store was just too cheep to turn down. It's my 1st bike with hydro brakes so thought at that price if I do wear them down I don't mind so much. Plus some money left over for better tyres next time.

Finally got to try them out tonight. Not bad at all only a few MPH less then normal handled well over all on the road. Off road yet to see.

Top Bottom