Good and bad

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

baldycyclist

Über Member

So it starts off with a thumbs up from me for some good driving and it ends with some choice words...I apologize to the more timid ones amongst you but I actually thought the BM was going to kill me.
They were two up and looking for fun I think. The passenger held his hand up as an apology (not on the footage) and the BM following after is not the same one or he would have had a little more advice from me.

Was the filtering okay folks?
I always look left here at the roundabout as some of the motors do run up to the line quickly and give you the willies.

Nice evening for a ride home though even if it took twice as long due to the wind

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
the filtering isn't too my taste, I'm rather conservative.

I would take control of the lane as you are going around the round about. Not only does it give you buffer space to the left, it forces drivers to change lanes to pass you and it keeps you away from the edge, which in theory should give you a buffer zone against this sort of thing.

Hip Priest

Veteran
Re: Filtering. As a rule, I try not to arrive at a junction / roundabout...etc splitting the lane like that. It is too risky. If there isn't an ASL at the front, I prefer to drop in a car or two behind and take the lane.

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
I might have held off getting to the front at the roundabout, you''re effectively sharing the lane at that point?
Think I'd have just taken a strong primary behind him (it's only one car) and then claimed the lane on the RAB

But, what do I know. I'll probably be wrong......

32 mins since hip priests post. Thats what happens when you start watching clips of Hitchhikers guide on youtube, whilst also replying to a forum post :shy:

OP
OP
baldycyclist

baldycyclist

Über Member
Hitchhikers on youtube - must find!
I probably should have filtered down the middle, just one car was blocking the way -see what you mean

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
the filtering isn't too my taste, I'm rather conservative.

I would take control of the lane as you are going around the round about. Not only does it give you buffer space to the left, it forces drivers to change lanes to pass you and it keeps you away from the edge, which in theory should give you a buffer zone against this sort of thing.
+1
I rarely filter right up to a roundabout. I would not have filtered at all in the vid and slotted behind the BMW.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Filtering was ok for me, I would have owned the outer lane. I am also quicker than cars from the off.

Top Bottom