Good Cycling Weather.......Wasted

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
The rest of us thank you for taking one for the team and bringing on the good weather.

GWS! Hopefully it heals up on the quicker end of that.

I spent 12 weeks off the bike 5 years ago (snapped humerus) and it was glorious weather - right up until 2 days after the docs let me back on the bike :rolleyes:

LCpl Boiled Egg

Three word soundbite
I had one repaired last November. Six to eight weeks is what they told me, but I gave it a bit longer as I needed to be able to lift a folded Brompton on and off the train confidently. If it wasn't for that I could have cycled sooner, but you'll know when you're ready to start again, just take it easy. All the best with the recovery.

Venod

Eh up
Hernia fixed yesterday, six to eight weeks off the bike according to the sawbones. That's most of the friggin' summer :cry:

I feel for you Joe, I too am missing the good weather riding through my first bout of Sciatica, its very frustrating.

Sorry to hijack the thread but does anybody suffer with Sciatica how long does it last ? do you ride with it ?

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
I had a hernia op last year. I gave it about a month before I dared out, and even then it was carefully. After two months it felt good. It is frustrating as hell. I lost loads of fitness just in the month but what can you do.

screenman

Legendary Member
Hernia fixed yesterday, six to eight weeks off the bike according to the sawbones. That's most of the friggin' summer :cry:

I took a few days off and then back to serious in a couple of weeks, lower right inguanal, or something like. I was certainly out walking around the shops the next day, had mine done at the BHC as the NHS were saying the same as you, no good for a self employed guy.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
I feel for you Joe, I too am missing the good weather riding through my first bout of Sciatica, its very frustrating.

Sorry to hijack the thread but does anybody suffer with Sciatica how long does it last ? do you ride with it ?
Sciatica can last for years, all to do with the nerves leading from the spine. Go and see a chiropractic.

I did lots of stretching plus changed my sleeping position

Haven’t suffered with it since

vickster

Legendary Member
The benefit of private healthcare (when you have crappy joints)...elective surgery scheduled November to January so as to not interfere with spring/summer/autumn riding :smile:

OP
OP
Smokin Joe

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
I took a few days off and then back to serious in a couple of weeks, lower right inguanal, or something like.
Same as mine, but lower left. I feel much better today, yesterday was crap as the effects of the general anesthetic wore off. I even managed to faint at one point, luckily going over backwards and getting a soft landing.

It is only the second time I have had a general, the last being when I was still at school and I don't recover from them very well at all. One upside was meeting an old mate I hadn't seen for years who was in the recovery ward with me after having surgery on his foot.

Top Bottom