Good day from Hull

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

EdgEy

Hello there guys,

I have been cycling on and off for years on various 'BSOs' as the forum so eloquently puts it. After getting sick of the constant state of disrepair, pedals falling off, etc, I have decided to take the plunge and get myself a nice road bike.

First impressions are - wow, this thing is fast, and ouch, bloody vibrations I wish the roads around here were smoother. But mostly fast.

trek11c.jpg

bauldbairn

Hello and Welcome to the CC forums!!! :thumbsup:

....nice bike pic too!!! :becool:

teletext45

Hey, welcome to the site i'm not too far away in Beverley, theres a few local peeps on here!

Nice looking bike too

andy

Shaun

Founder
Hello from another 'ull lad :smile:

OP
OP
E

EdgEy

Thanks all.

In reply to earlier poster, I am not too tall, around 5ft 11. LBS told me I have a rather long inseam compared to most.
Went for the full Al Trek 1.1 as a good first bike to see if I can get into riding. Strange thing is the forks have a warning sticker on that describes carbon failure modes, pretty sure it's Al though.

I have a £55 budget for bits and bobs I can pick up as additional extras. Already got some lights and a decent lock, what else would you guys recommend?
Thinking lube, inner tube(s), maybe some gloves? Can't really stretch to a good pair of shoes yet.

Top Bottom